Friday 23 January 2015

JAI 247 - Just add love blog hop - chocolate slider

Excitement plus today - it's my first challenge post as a Just Add Ink design team member & we're starting 2015 with a blog hop too!
This week's challenge theme is Just Add Love with a tag & sketch, so follow the hop to see lots of love & tags. Play along with your own creation too by linking it here. If this is your first visit, welcome! (waving). You might have arrived from the talented Jodene's blog or another way, but I'm glad you're here & hope you enjoy hopping with us.

This is the challenge sketch:
& here's what I made - a pretty & yummy chocolate slider.
You'll see I flipped the sketch. My take on the love theme was: Chocolate + kindness + thanks = love. 
Maybe a little random but that's me ;-)
Back to the project - I used my Blendabilities™ markers To colour the Love is Kindness stamp image - blush (skin tone pack), light & medium calypso coral tulips, wild wasabi leaves & a little light smoky slate on the newspaper blended with the colour lifter. I fussy cut the bouquet, burnished the flower petals for more dimension & mounted it over another stamped image (coloured in the lightest blendies colour only). Click on the pics for a bigger image.
Here's a peek of the choc inside the slider - a Lindt Creation divine hazelnut block. Yum!
Choc sliders are so quick & easy to make - they're really just a narrow open ended box. The ribbon wraps around the chocolate bar, then is fed through two holes in the top of the box & tied in a bow or knot. Here's a template & quick instructions for you.

Chocolate Slider Template & Instructions & pdf
Instructions
1. Cut card or paper 7-1/2 x 6-7/8 inches.
2. Score at 3, 3-1/2, 6-1/2 & 7 inches. Turn & score at 1/2 inch. Fold & flatten all score lines.
3. Cut tabs for bottom folds where shown in red.
4. Fold into box shape & adhere at side & bottom.
5. Punch holes at top for ribbon where shown.
6. Feed ribbon through holes. Push chocolate bar into box, making sure that ribbon is around box. Tie ribbon in bow or knot at top. Chocolate should pull out of box when you pull the ribbon.
This template can easily be adapted to fit any size chocolate bar. Just substitute the bar length, width & depth.

View & Download Template & Instructions pdf
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-vLPiDO8NjOanZIZHFjVEtfY2s/view?usp=sharing

That's it for me for today so thanks for visiting & hopping with us. I hope you liked my slider.
Your next stop on the hop is the lovely Christine Blain, at Happy Heart Cards so click on Christine's name or the blog hop button....
http://christineblain.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/jai-247-just-add-love-with-tag-sketch.html
See you again next post.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Product List

17 comments:

chezzakayewandellagal.blogspot.com.au said...

This is gorgeous Di ! What a lovely gift ! Thanks so much for also including the instructions I'll definitely be making some of these !

Jenny Hayward said...

Beautiful Die. I love how you fussy cut the flowers. It really adds dimension to it. Love the colouring too. :)

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a gorgeous first JAI project Di and thanks for sharing the how too, in your usual simple to process style..:0) l love having you on the team lovely lady! And
I love everything about this pretty, Di and your thought process works for me..:0) xxx

Patrice said...

SO. VERY. PRETTY! I love this stamp (been colouring it all week myself) and your project is super sweet - pun intended. xox

Paula Dobson said...

Gorgeous and delicious Di!! You are so generous with the sharing of your templates and tutorials xox

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

What a beautiful project and I think you've done a lovely job with your colouring. It's great to have you on the JAI Design Team :)

KimB said...

Di those tiny tulips are divine - such fine delicate work trimming them all out - I love it!! The template for the slider box is awesome too - I love a bit of chocolate to eat and to give away ;) It's a wonderful debut project Di! xxx

Rochelle Blok said...

Stunning project Di! Your colouring on those tulips is amazing! And that fussing cutting...WOW! Love the dimension you have given the tulips. Just looks fantastic! xo

ShersL84bed said...

did someone mention chocolate? brilliant idea

Narelle Farrugia said...

I didn't realise it was a chocky! What a fabulous idea this is and what an absolutely stunning tag you've given it - I wouldn't want to give it away! Your colouring is just perfect Di as are the colours you've used. So glad that you've joined the team! x

Christine Blain said...

Di, this is simply exquisite! LOVE your colouring, and your creativity. Welcome to the JAI Design Team, lovely. xx

Sharon Wheet said...

what a sweet take on the sketch! and a clever idea! I love it! and thank you so much for the PDF. I have actually never made one of these before, and your beautiful creation has inspired me to do so. thank you for sharing

Teneale Williams said...

I love this idea Di and a great spin on the sketch. You know I have not bought that stamp yet but I have seen a few cards that I really like using it and maybe you have pushed me over the line.

Tina said...

Congrats and welcome to the JAI Team! Your tag is lovely. Your fussy cutting on the Love Is Kindness stamp is fabulous!

Shona Chambers said...

Oh I must have a go at this!! Just love the colours you used and the flowers are coloured beautifully. Gorgeous project!

Unknown said...

How very clever and I love the coral colour scheme. Haven't seen that around for quite a while. Thanks for sharing!

York Tee said...

Clever idea! Such a lovely tag! love it!