Friday 27 May 2016

JAI 313 Just add B - bear sneak peek


This week at Just Add Ink we’re adding B for our new challenge. This means our project needs to include a colour, technique or anything starting with the letter B.
I’ve used lots of B’s on my card – can you pick them all?

Of course we have cuddly bears on there, but not just any bears. They’re a sweet sneak peek from a new set called Baby Bear, coming on June 1st. I was very excited to win this during a prize patrol at our Sydney Onstage event as I’m a lover of all things bear.
I’ve also used blushing bride striped paper & glimmer paper (bling!), and added a basic black & blushing bride bow (try saying that 3 times fast).

The bear & bow images are photo realistic, which means they include 2 or 3 stamps that together build up layers of shading & detail for a more realistic look. I used crumb cake, soft suede & early espresso ink pads for my bears. The set also includes really fun sentiments for lots of different occasions. For this card, I cut out the bears, sponged & curved the edges for a more rounded look.

See the bows? - I tried a new (to me) technique using the fine tipped glue pen. I totally covered the bows, eyes & nose with the glue. This dries leaving a lovely, shiny, non-sticky finish.

So that's all my B's for today, but remember to check out all the team's fun B creations on the Just Add Ink blog. Thanks for visiting & leave a comment if you have any questions or just to say hi.

Inky wishes, Di

PS: Remember to pin my Baby Bear card for later too.

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used, then alternative separate options at the bottom.. Please check the online store if your preference is different.


Items available from 1 June
Baby Bear photopolymer stamp set
Supplies available now

4 comments:

KimB said...

Di this is just gorgeous! I love your two bears and their shiny bow ties (I will have to try the glue trick!). I love the bold pink background, the glimmer with the stripes is a great combo! xxx

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

This is such a sweet card! I think you've definitely out B'ed me with your card :)

Jan said...

Oh wow your two lovely bears are adorable Di! And I love how you've teamed them with the sparkle and stripes too - so pretty! The glue technique sounds great, too I will have to try it. xx

Patrice said...

Lots of laughs, Di, I love all your B's. Cute little bears and I do love that blushing bride bling! Great tip on the glue, thanks.

xxx