Wednesday 31 August 2016

Thoughtful Branches blitz - for Christmas

Hi & welcome back to my Thoughtful Branches blitz & this time I'm sharing 3 Christmas card ideas. Yes TB is useful all year round.
This one is my fave Christmas card despite the fact Christmas in Sydney is summertime & not remotely snowy.


The tree is cut out through all levels (not all at the same time!) & backed with vellum. This would look great with a battery tea light or votive light....but I couldn't find one to show you.
I teamed TB this with one of my fave dies from last year - the Christmas Greetings dies.
On the inside I used the white tree cut from the front panel & added a sentiment from Reason for the Season.



Thinking of You at Christmas

I teamed the 2 step tree from TB with the Time of Year host stamp set for this one. I added some gold touches with the Metallic enamel shapes & touches of gold Wink of Stella on the tree - very tricky to see on the photo but it's very noticeable in person.
I llike all the individual elements in this card but am not sure about the result & can't exactly put my finger on why.  It's given me more ideas to play around with.


Christmas forest case


There have been so many wonderful Thoughtful Branches cards shared this month, including this card by SU Artisan team member Cindy Schuster. I really liked the simplicity the tree effect & fresh colour combination Cindy used so I made one too & made it as a Christmas card. I think the sentiment from Reason For the Season really works well with the trees. I added a little touch of washi to ground the sentiment.

These are just a drop in the ocean of Christmas cards you could make with Thoughtful Branches so I hope you'll play around with your set to see what you can do & if you don't have it yet, get in quick before it's gone for good.

I'll be back later today with a final Thoughtful Branches project - my absolute favourite one I've made with the bundle. Thanks again for visiting & pop back soon for more ideas.

Inky wishes, Di

PS: Order your Thoughtful Branches bundle now - you will love it!

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.


Merry Christmas Tree


Thinking of you at Christmas


Forest of Trees

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful collection of Christmas cards!! I came here via Pinterest about your 3rd card, but I really like the Thinking of You one, too!!

Sunny Strawbaler said...

Love the diecut card! All those layers look wonderful together, very wintery :-). Sherylee.