Wednesday 31 August 2016

Thoughtful Branches - white hydrangeas


I'm finishing off my Thoughtful Branches blitz today with one final card, which also happens to be my favourite of all the cards made with it, so I hope you like it too.


My dear wee Mum grew the most spectacular white hydrangeas & seeing them always reminds me of her, so of course I had to make a white hydrangea card.  Sadly, she can't remember her hydrangeas now but I do & hope to have some beautiful blooms when Summer comes this year to share with her. In the meantime, I can make white hydrangeas to my heart's content.

Back to the card - it's a large one - about 15cm or a smidge under 6 inches square. I really wanted to include 2 hydrangeas & they just needed a bit more space than a regular size could give.

The flower heads have 3 layers, popped on dimensionals - pear pizzazz, vellum & a shimmery white card top & the stems are wild wasabi. I 'poked' the white layer flower centres with the rounded end of my paper piercing tool to give some subtle shaping. The flowers are lovely & shimmery in real life thanks to the shimmery white & pearls but tricky to see in pics.Try clicking on this one to see more.


The rest of the card had to play nicely with the hydrangeas so I chose a neutral graphic print in tip top taupe & white (from Serene Scenery dsp stack). I like that the circles kind of reflect the flower shape. I repeated the circle for the sentiment using the Layered Circle dies.


Finally, I carried the theme to the inside with some more paper, ribbon & leaves.


Thanks for visiting today &  I hope you've enjoyed seeing my Thoughtful Branches projects & are inspired to get creating with your bundle.
Want more Thoughtful Branches ideas? See all my projects here.
See more TB faves on my Pinterest board here
Don't have TB yet? Get in quick as it's only available while stocks last. See & order it from the supply list below. Remember to pin my white hydrangeas for later too.

Inky wishes, Di

PS: I'll be back next time with something different. Hope you have a happy day.

SuppliesTo see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). Please check the online store if your preference is different.


1 comment:

Sunny Strawbaler said...

They are gorgeous Di! I really like the vellum and colour layers - neat. A very pretty card and artwork. Sherylee.