Friday 9 September 2016

JAI 328 Just Add P for Peter Pan

It's time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink & Tina would like us to...


... so our project can be anything beginning with the letter P. I've chosen Peter Pan & this is my card.


This is for the  Peter Pan loving friend of my DD's - the same friend I made this Peter Pan box frame shaker card for last year. I chose a Peter Pan quote for the front rather than a birthday sentiment in case she wants to keep it with her Peter Pan memorabilia.

All the supplies used are from Stampin' Up! as usual, but I was assisted by my Zing electronic cutter to cut the Peter Pan figures - yippee! there's no way I could cut those tiny figures on my own. I converted two printable pdfs (found on the Disney Family website - links below) to cuttable files & was amazed & very relieved that Mr Zing could cut such small, intricate shapes - Tink is no more than an inch tall I think.

The figures are cut from night of navy cardstock, which I clear embossed twice to give a really glossy look. You can't see this the pic but is very obvious in real life. This was the trickiest part, as the heat tool wanted to blow them all away!

I found a beautiful piece of retired Christmas dsp for the background to represent a starry night & cut a circle of silver foil for the moon. I created the sentiment in Word, printed it on whisper white card & popped it on dimensionals.

On the inside, I created a gift card pocket & a custom printed sentiment panel, with some more paper to carry over the theme. I can't show these as I forget to take pics before it was written on. Sorry!

Thanks for visiting today & I hope you've enjoyed seeing something a little different. Now, check out the Design Teams P projects on the Just Add Ink blog & try the challenge too.
Back soon with another project or two.

Inky wishes, Di

PS: You can find the printable pdfs I used at Disney Family.
Tinkerbell
Peter Pan, Wendy, Michael & John


Supplies
The paper used in the project is retired & not available to purchase. All current items are listed below.

To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.




3 comments:

Ein Dekoherzal in den Bergen said...

Sehr süß...

wünsche noch einen schönen ABEND
bis bald die BIRGIT aus TIROL

Jan said...

So sweet to use Peter Pan as your theme Di - it's instantly recognisable with the quote included too - genius!! Such a special keepsake for your DD's friend. xx

Patrice said...

I don't know much about Peter Pan so the quote doesn't mean anything to me but gee, Di, what a darling card. Your DD's friend must love receiving cards from your craft room. A lovely keepsake to add to her collection. xx