Friday 17 February 2017

JAI 347 colour challenge - balloon pop up birthday

It's time for colour challenge week at Just Add Ink & we're playing with this combination of mint macaron, pear pizzazz & rose red. The team have used this in amazingly different ways, so you must check out their fab projects on the Just Add Ink blog too.


The two very different toned greens in this challenge definitely challenged me - I like each of them separately combined with rose red & perfect plum but both together not so much. So I decided to meet the challenge by using more of one & just a touch of the other & came up with a bold, brayered, balloon birthday card.


First I used my sponge brayers to create a rose red, perfect plum & mint macaron background - I'm really loving how easy they are to use. Truly brilliant. Who knew? I kept the other elements simple - some balloons (Balloon Adventures stamp & die bundle), in matching colours, which I also sponged with the brayer to add some shading. Again really quick & easy but very effective.


A multicoloured sentiment (also from Balloon Adventures) continues the look & couldn't resist framing it with a Stitched Shapes dies circle (again) & another circle cut from the Layering Circles dies.

The balloon theme gets even more fun in the centre with the easiest post up centre, thanks to the pop up thinlit die in the bundle. I love how the balloons pop off the white base too.


You could easily replicate this in any colour scheme to fit all sorts of occasions & people. The possibilities are endless. If you liked my card, pin the collage pic below for later inspiration.


Thanks again for visiting today. Leave a comment if you liked my card or have any questions & try the colour challenge too. Until next time..

Inky wishes, Di

There's so much more to Balloon Adventures...

See lots more about the Balloon Adventures Bundle here in this Stampin' Up! video, including how to use the pop up die I used for this card. It's a beauty for all sorts of cards & peeps so check it out & order from my store using the links below. You'll save 10% on the individual item costs when you buy the stamps & dies as a bundle.




Supplies
 To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.




Big Shot
$159.00

8 comments:

KimB said...

You definitely aced the braying Di - the colours transitions are seamless and the colours are vibrant. Love how your balloons follow the same transitions across the card too. I really like the way you used colour here! xxx

Jan said...

What a special surprise card, Di! Your colours are so perfectly blended on your brayered panel and I love how the balloons pop off the white background inside too! xx

Patrice said...

You've created a masterpiece here, Di. I love all the shading of these colours, and the card you've created is so fun! I may need to do a bit of a CASE one day soon. I have to agree that the sponge brayers are great to use & give an awesome coverage - who knew? Qstn - how did you make your sentiment a rainbow of colour? It's fabulous. xx

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks so much, Kim. Those brayers really make it easier to sponge.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks very much, Jan. I'm really loving those sponge brayers.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Wow, thanks so much, P. Case away. Re the sentiment, I inked up the whole image in rose red then sponge daubered some perfect plum over the top. That stamp image is a big fave right now.
D :)

Sweet Sarah said...

This card is really great! I love the background colors. I do have a question though - from what I see, you used Whisper White CS with three colors of ink, but you have three colors of CS listed on your product list. The only one I see is the green circle behind the white CS with the sentiment. I think I am confused!

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks, Sarah. Glad you liked it. The colours are mostly ink, but there are touches of pear pizzazz & rose red card too. You're right though that I've accidentally included perfect plum card in error. Good spotting.
Cheers, Di