Friday 10 March 2017

JAI 350 sketch challenge - soft florals & gingham

It's time for a sketch challenge this week at Just Add Ink & Chantell's given us this very flexible sketch to play with...


...and this is what I made.


I liked the subtle combination of the neutral gingham & flowers (dies from the Special Reason - Stylish Stems stamp & die bundle from the Occasions Catalogue), teamed with a pop of colour for the banners. I'm always tempted to add some layers, but held back on this one to keep it very simple. Technically the sketch doesn't have elements where the flowers are, so I used the same sahara sand from the gingham paper to keep them subtle. (loving the Succulent Garden paper pack). I couldn't resist adding some Wink of Stella for subtle sparkle though (#cantstopthesparkle).

ETA: Just adding a pic of the inside. Again very simple but it carries over the theme.


Thanks so much for visiting today. Don't forget to visit the Just Add Ink blog too, to see all the fun ways the team have used the sketch. Leave a comment if you have any q's & pin the card & sketch for later inspiration too.

Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.


Big Shot
$159.00

Non SU Supplies: clear 4mm sequins

4 comments:

Karren said...

I just love gingham and you've used it beautifully here, Di. Gorgeous flowers and fabulous colours to work with the neutrals.

Jan said...

Such a pretty colour combo, Di and I love that you've kept your flower elements the same shade as your gingham to allow that lovely sentiment to shine. xx

Nora Noll said...

Any card with gingham, no matter what color, is fabulous in my book!! I love the beautiful flowers that you used and the fun way you decorated the inside of the card!!

KimB said...

Love how you highlighted the sentiment strips with the colours Di to draw the eye, and kept your florals more neutral. They add lots of lovely decorative detail but they're not in your face ;) xxx