Friday 2 June 2017

JAI 362 colour challenge - Seaside birthday easel



 It's colour challenge week at Just Add Ink and Nikki has given us this bold & beautiful combination of pool party, bermuda bay & peekaboo peach to work with.


These colours kept saying beach to me, so I went with it and made this.


Being on a beautiful beach would be brilliant right now, but meanwhile in Sydney, here are some tips to create your own beach scene card.

Start with a couple of new Annual Catalogue faves - the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp & die bundle ( an absolute must-have bundle) & chair die from the  Seasonal Layers dies set (part of the Colourful Seasons stamp & die bundle.


Create your own beachy background - mask & sponge brayer with peekaboo peach, bermuda bay & pool party ink. Then flick small water drops on top for more texture. Stamp three sentiments from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous over the top, one image for each layer.

Keep the other card elements simple - Cut 2 chairs, one in the thick backing card from our paper packs, and one in whisper white. Die cut birthday sentiments in whisper white & bermuda bay. Cut them apart then adhere them to the front & base, leaving a little offset for a shadow look.

 

Create interest with an easy fancy fold - The easel card base gave lots of space to separate the words. The front is regular card front size & folds flat to fit a normal C6 envelope. This is the same size I used for the easel calenders I shared earlier this year.


So, that's it from me. Let me know if you have any questions about my card. If you liked my card, do leave a comment & pin on Pinterest for later inspiration.

Check out the supplies below for all the items I used to make it. You can order them with me if you live in Australia too. 

Anyway, hope you liked the challenge colours & my take on them. Head to the Just Add Ink blog to see all the team's projects to give you even more ideas. We'd love you to play along with the challenge too.

Thanks for visting today & pop back again soon for more ideas.

Inky wishes, Di

Our new Annual Catalogue is here


bit/ly address:  http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.



Big Shot
$159.00

8 comments:

Tina said...

Oooh, I love this card! The brayered background is lovely, but the stamped sentiments in each section are fabulous!

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the repetition stamping Di and the split diecut works so well on an easel...Lovely inspiration! xx

Karren said...

Wow, what a fabulous way to use the challenge colours, Di! Your beach scene is perfect!

Sunny Strawbaler said...

That is really pretty Di! I would love some of that summer here too. Great way to use the thinlet, it is a nice font. Sherylee.

Christine Blain said...

Wow, Di - this is spectacular! Perfect, inspired, use of the challenge colours, and I just love all the beautiful little details you've included to make your design come together.

KimB said...

This is just awesome Di! I really love how you broke up the brayered layers and the subtle text stamping in each adds so much texture. Love your idea of making an easel card too great way to show off the full sentiment. xxx

Kelly Kent said...

What a clever way to use the die Di! I love the stamping on your graduated background. Beautiful & elegant! Kelly x

Jan said...

This is fabulous Di! I love the addition of the the stamped sentiments to your background, they add another lovely layer of texture and the offset diecut shadow is a gorgeous effect. xx