Monday 4 February 2008

Butterfly Birthday



So have you missed me? I didn't get a chance to post last week but I do have some projects to show you over the next few days. This one has got to be one of my favourite recent cards. I made it for a dear buds birthday a couple of weeks ago, but I don't think she'll mind me sharing it with you now (if there is anyone out there!).
The water-coloured butterflies are one of many gorgeous stamps from 'Time Well Spent', which is a set all Demonstrators received as a thank you gift from Stampin' Up!® late last year – they are so good to us! The good news for you too is that it will be a new hostess set in the 2008/09 idea book, which is due out in April. The happy birthday greeting is from the 'Birthday Whimsy' Sale-A-Bration set.
I cased the design from a card in the latest Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator monthly newsletter. This is just one of many sources of information & ideas available to demonstrators. I really liked the layout & colour combination (& not just because I got to use certainly celery!)
To make the card, I attached an old olive rectangle & distressed circle of certainly celery to a close to cocoa base. Then I pierced a strip of regal rose using the template in the mat pack & attached it and a thin strip of choc chip to the left edge. I also pierced a border around the old olive card, (I love piercing holes – very therapeutic!). The happy birthday greeting was stamped in choc chip ink on regal rose card. The butterflies were stamped on watercolour paper with basic brown ink, then coloured with my Aqua Painter™ & old olive, rose red & cameo coral Watercolor Wonder™ crayons (I would have used regal rose & rose red but I don't have the Rich Regals® crayons yet, so I improvised!). Finally, I arranged the butterflies on the base, used a choc chip marker to stamp the antennae & attached them with dimensionals.
Supply ListStamps: Time Well Spent (coming soon!), Birthday Whimsy (SAB). Card: Close to cocoa, certainly celery, old olive, regal rose, choc chip, watercolour paper. Ink/Colour: basic brown ink, choc chip ink, watercolour wonder crayons – rose red, cameo coral, old olive, choc chip marker. Tools/Accessories: Aqua Painter™, mat pack & piercing tool (crafters tool kit), dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Di,
love this card you have made. it sure is a ncie butterfly