Saturday 23 February 2008

More stem silhouettes

This is my second project from last weekend's workshop, again using the sooo elegant 'Stem Silhouettes' set & the 'Lots of Thoughts' Sale-A-Bration set. Like the big buckle card, I decided that I wanted to try a different fold, but still use a standard half A4 sheet, so this is what I came up with.

I used bashful blue, close to cocoa (which I am loving at the moment) & whisper white card. First I scored & folded the bashful blue base. Then, I cut some close to cocoa front & inside panels, stamped around the edge with the leaf image & versamark ink & attached them to the base. I decided to use versamark, as I wanted the print to be very subtle. For the main image, I stamped the leaf in bashful blue ink on bashful blue card & then outlined part of the image with the white gel pen, to add dimension. Then I mounted it on whisper white card & attached it to the centre of the card front.
For the outside greeting, I stamped 'many thanks' with close to cocoa ink onto some whisper white card & punched it out with the large oval punch. I mounted the greeting onto another white oval with dimensionals & attached it the lower left of the card.
You could easily make a quick card based on this design without the front fold, but I think the fold adds an extra bit of interest. What do you think?
Just a few reminders...Sale-A-Bration ends on 29 FebruaryYou've only got a little time left to get these gorgeous sets. Just place a $100 order with me and you can choose one of the sets for FREE.
Going going....The retirement list of current Idea Book & Catalogue items that won't be returning in the new Idea Book has just been announced.Items on the list will only be available while stocks last, or until 31 March at the latest. Some goodies are already sold out, so if there are items on your wish-list that are being retired, please contact me to order them ASAP.You'll receive free shipping on any retiring stamps or accessories you order from me until 31 March, which is a saving of 5%.All my customers should have received the list via e-mail, so if you haven't got yours, contact me as soon as possible.
I'll be featuring lots of projects using retiring items over the next month, so subscribe to my e-mail feed to get any updates.

No comments: