Tuesday 12 August 2008

Froggy Birthday

I'm back with this very girly froggy birthday card I made for Cara's best buddy Sarah's birthday last week.

Miss Froggy & her flower (from the super cute 'Unfrogettable' stamp set) are stamped with black Stayz-On ink on watercolour paper & coloured with gable green & green galore classic ink pads & my Aqua Painter™. The water lilies & lily pads are rolled with the 'Lily Pad' wheel in wild wasabi ink & water coloured with wild wasabi, pixie pink & orchid opulence ink pads. I also used a going gray marker around the edge of the Miss Froggy to help her 'pop'.

I rounded the edges of a regal rose base & added some rounded dotty celery 'Prints' & flowery pink 'Petals & Paisley' designer series paper. Then I rounded the froggy piece & mounted it on top with dimensionals. For the greeting, I stamped 'Hoppy' & 'Birthday' (also from 'Unfrogettable') separately with a pixie pink marker on very vanilla card, so I could also include a '7' from the 'Short Order Numbers' set & a 'th' (very convenient it being part of birthday!). I rounded the greeting edges, mounted it onto a same sized piece of celery card (you can't see it in the pic) & attached it to the base. Note, I had to add 2 dimensionals under the right side only, to bring it up to the same height as the 'froggy' piece. Finally, to make it even more girly, I glittered Miss Froggy, the flower, lily pads, no 7 & the greeting edges, with help from some dazzling diamonds glitter & my trusty two-way glue pen.

Edited: You can't really see the glitter in the large pic, so hope it's better in this close up...don't look to close at the colouring though. I had some gray bleeding!Thanks so much Kellie for letting me borrow this very cute set & wheel. I think I'm going to have to stamp a lot more images before you pick it up!

Supplies:
Stamps: Unforgettable, Short Order Numbers
Card: regal rose, very vanilla, watercolour paper, Celery Prints paper, Petals & Paisley paper
Ink: Black Stayz-On, wild wasabi, green galore, gable green, pixie pink & orchid opulence classic pads, pixie pink, orchid opulence & going gray stampin' write markers
Accessories, dazzling diamonds glitter, 2 way glue pen,
Tools: Aquapainter

7 comments:

SharonD said...

Love the froggy card Diane even though I have never been a big fan of the set. Really neat technique with the gray marker. Might have to borrow that one sometime :) Of course that means ANOTHER thing to add to my wish list (sigh...it seems the more I buy, the longer the list gets...maybe I should stop blog hopping...but where would the fun be in that!)

Keep up the fab work!

LeAnne said...

Love this cute card! I think your coloring is great---and the glitter adds just the right amount of sparkle for a girl's card!
LeAnne

kareN stampZ said...

I love this set & I think what you're done is gorgeous - happy birthday Cara too - hope it was special

Kellie Jupe said...

Hi Di, I love what you did with this set. The card looks great - very cute. Love everything about it. As always nice work

Savitri said...

This is too cute! I love the glitters too!!! Which reminds me... I think I bought some American Craft glitter pen. I need to try it out!!!

Karen said...

Oh wow!! lol This made me smile Di!! Love it!

Karen

Doris said...

How clever the way you used the words to make it way what you wanted, especially using the "th" from "birthday!" Great cards and blog--TFS!