Thursday 14 August 2008

Kristina case for Kellie

I really loved Kristina's MACM from last week, so I made my own version to send to my lovely friend & very clever stamping buddy, Kellie.
It's a great card to make with scraps of patterned paper. The 1 inch squares are punched out from some Petals & Paisley & Celery Prints designer paper left from my Froggy Birthday card plus a couple more. I adhered them to a whisper white square, then a soft sky mat & finally a regal rose base (approx 10cm square). For the motif I used the 'Think Happy Thoughts' set. I stamped the flower in regal rose ink, punched it out with the ¾ inch circle punch & added a celery brad. Then I stamped the friendship greeting with old olive ink, punched it out with the 1 ¼ inch circle punch. Then I layered the circles with dimensionals onto to a regal rose circle (1 3/8 inch punch) & Petals' paper scallop circle.

I really liked it how it turned out, so I may make a variation of it as my swap card for the upcoming Stampin' Up! Regional Meeting in September...unless I come up with a new fave card by then!

A final thought.... Looking back over the past few days, there's an unintended pink & green theme going (although I have added some extras here! I'll have to try something completely different next time.

Bye for now
Di

Supplies:
Stamps: Think Happy Thoughts
Card/Paper: Regal rose, soft sky, whisper white, Petals & Paisley & Celery Prints designer paper
Ink: Old olive, regal rose
Accessories: celery brad
Tools: scallop circle punch, circle punches - 1 3/8 inch, 1 1/4 inch

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great card. Love the colours. Thanks for sharing.

LeAnne said...

Very cute, I love doing this with DP! Easy to do and you get to use lots of different patterns!
LeAnne

Karen said...

Oh wow!!!!! Now this is prettyyy!!!

Karen

Catherine said...

i really like this and i guess i'll be CASEing you =)

Vickie said...

Beautiful card! I just love this designer paper!!! Fantastic job!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Di, I have just stumbled across your blog via the SOS demo group and absolutely LOVE your blog. Every card is fantastic! I will definitely be a regular visitor.
Lou, Perth