I'm back again with the card everyone made at Jane's workshop.The layout of this card was inspired one I saw in 'Impressions', our monthly Stampin' Up! Demonstrator magazine. Again, in keeping with Jane's red & green Christmas theme, the colours are wild wasabi, garden green, real red & very vanilla. I've also used the 'Season of Joy' stamp set (which has got to be one of the most flexible Christmas sets don't you think?). I must confess that I am soooo not a real read & garden green Christmas girl, so the colours were a bit a challenge for me initially, but thanks to Jane, they have grown on me – especially with the real red ribbon (right Kellie? J).
Here's another version with a slightly different take on the layout. The girls chose which one they wanted to make at the workshop. Which one would you have chosen & why? Leave a comment to let me know.Anyhoo, it's time for bed for me. I'll be back next time with a dashingly cute gift card folder I made for Jane. Stay tuned & happy stamping in the meantime.
Make it Yourself
- Stamp wasabi base with swirl stamp & wild wasabi ink.
- Stamp strip of real red card with swirl stamp & real red ink & attach to vanilla card as shown.
- Stamp 3 flowers from large greeting stamp & punch out with ¼ inch circle punch. Position on red piece.
- Stamp very vanilla piece with tree using wild wasabi ink & summer sun marker.
Stamp a second tree on a scrap of vanilla card, cut out & mount on top of first tree.
- Stamp greeting in real red ink on very vanilla piece.
- Mat vanilla piece onto garden green piece.
- Knot real red grosgrain ribbon, wrap around piece & secure at back.
- Mount completed piece on wild wasabi base.
Card: Wild wasabi, garden green, real red, very vanilla
Ink: wild wasabi & real red classic ink, summer sun stampin' write marker
Accessories: real red grosgrain ribbon
Tools: ¼ inch circle punch