Thursday 23 October 2008

Workshop joy in red & green


Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since my last post. I had a bit of a back incident earlier in the month, which I'm happy to say is much better now, but as a result, I've been pretty behind on just about everything since then. Anyway, I'm happy to be back... & for a little while at least, I'll be all about Christmas.
To start, I'm sharing the projects I made at fun Christmas themed workshop I ran last weekend for the lovely Jane (*waving* hi Jane!). As Jane's favourite Christmas colours are 'traditional' reds & greens, I used these in all the projects. I also chose to use the 'Season of Joy' set as I love the images & there's so much you can do with them. This was the first project. It's a very simple layout & it would be really quick to make multiples of.I'll be back tomorrow with the another project from the workshop, as I'm too tired to type any more tonight.
Happy stamping!
Di
Make it yourself
Stamp a strip of very vanilla card with the poinsettia image in real red ink & the tiny flower in wild wasabi ink.
Wrap some knotted real red grosgrain ribbon around it & secure at back.
Attach to a wild wasabi base.
Stamp 'Merry Christmas' in wild wasabi ink on very vanilla card. Punch out with large oval punch.
Mount greeting with dimensionals onto another punched vanilla oval.
Supplies:Stamps: Season of Joy
Card: Wild Wasabi, very vanilla
Ink: real red, wild wasabi
Accessories: real red grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Large oval punch

3 comments:

Kellie Jupe said...

YAY she's back! love this card Di, so simple and it looks great. Nice ribbon!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty, simple card. Glad you're feeling better!

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card Di... I have a Christmas card class next week and this will have to be one of the projects we make! Thanks for sharing!