Monday 25 July 2011

Cupcake triangle box

Hi again. Today I have the last of my cupcake workshop projects to show you - a triangle box with cupcake tag to co-ordinate with the melon cupcake card in this post
Triangle boxes are one of my favourite quick box projects - they're so simple to make -  you don't even need any adhesive - but look much more complicated. I showed 2 versions at the workshop, first, a quick limited supply version using only Create a Cupcake & matching punch...
Then, I demonstrated this stepped up but still very simple version. It's wheeled with the So Swirly jumbo wheel & choc chip ink & the cute scallop tag is made with a few more punches.
The So Swirly wheel is my all-time favourite wheel. it's perfect for so many occasions - birthdays, Christmas, engagements, weddings, babies - & it's so forgiving if you make a rolling boo-boo.

These boxes were made with half an A4 sheet & are perfect for holding some chocolates (isn't everything?), or as wedding favours. Smaller boxes, using a quarter A4 sheet are great for jewellery or other little goodies.

The picture below shows the basic scoring template for making a triangle box. You can easily change the card dimensions, so long as you follow the basic principles.
You can see some more of my triangle boxes (including some Christmas ones) from a long long time ago here.

So, which one do you like, the simple or stepped up version?  Mine is the stepped up version - love rolling the wheel & of course playing with my punches!

If you haven't tried making one of these boxes, have a go & I'm sure you won't stop at one. Leave a comment to say hi or if you have any questions.
That's the last of my cupcake projects for a little while at least. Back with something different next time.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies:
Both boxes
Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Card/Paper: choc chip, melon mambo, whisper white
Ink: choc chip, melon mambo
Accessories: white taffeta ribbon
Tools: Build a Cupcake punch

Extra supplies - stepped up version
Accessories: basic rhinestone
Tools: itty bitty punch pack (flower), 2 3/8 inch scallop circle punch, 13/4 inch circle punch, paper piercing tool & mat

1 comment:

KimB said...

Hi Di :)

thanks for posting your wonderful cupcake punch workshops cards, I've loved everyone and think they are all fabulous! I am sooo going to try your triangle box - be prepared for an email if I can't work out how to put it together though - lol!

Kim xxx