Saturday, 21 December 2013

Snowman tealight easel cards

Today I'm sharing a fun snowman tealight easel card I made a couple of months ago after seeing these cute snowmen on Becky Roberts blog. I thought putting him on an easel would be really cute & he does really make me smile.
I followed Becky's snowman instructions using circle punches plus, large & xl oval punches so check them out here. I did add an extra oval punch shape behind the head, so the hat fitted better. I also had some black rhinestones in my stash so I used them for the eyes & mouth. You can see my snowman closer here.
 
Here's another version with his little nose lit up. I cut a small circle through the easel backing using the smallest circle framelit die so that the tealight can easily be switched on & off.
With a nose this big, he needed a box to live in rather than an envelope, so I cut a circle window in 
one of our great kraft gift boxes. Here he is packed in his box.
I made some single snowmen too, but I forgot to take pics of them, so that's all from me for now. If you'd like any more info, just leave me a comment with your details. Thanks for visiting.
Inky wishes, Di

Edited to add: 21 Dec - 4.55pm
Mr Google put my snowman into a snowstorm with the auto-awesome function - who knew!
Supplies
Card/Paper: crumb cake, whisper white, marina mist, midnight muse, gumball green, cherry cobbler card, glimmer paper
Accessories: battery tealights & black rhinestones (non SU), kraft gift box, midnight muse ribbon, cherry cobbler dotted ribbon (retired)
Tools: circle punches - 1-3/8 inch, 1/2 inch, itty bitty punch pack circle, large oval punch, xl oval punch, star punch (Merry Minis punch pack)

3 comments:

  1. Now this is awesome! Very creative. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di these are so cute! Happy Christmas and a safe New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Di! So clever. Was so lovely to see you the other day xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really love hearing from you.

Link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin