Sunday 8 June 2008

Little box of baroque

This is a little set of cards I made recently with the Baroque Motifs set. I love love love this set & think it has to be one of the easiest set ever for making simply elegant cards.The back-story of this project is that I wanted to make some really simple cards with just card & ink. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ribbons & brads etc but I also like to show that you can make really nice cards without them too. Anyway, I made a little card with scrap pieces & decided it looked a bit lonely, so I made 5 others in the same size to keep it company & a box to put them in!

The colours are blue bayou, soft sky, groovy guava, certainly celery & whisper white. As well as Baroque Motifs, eagle eyed viewers will probably notice some 'Short & Sweet' greetings making yet another appearance.

The cards are so simple to make. They all have approx 8 x 8.5cm fronts. I just stamped a Baroque swirl & some small flowers onto whisper white card, adhered the stamped piece with dimensionals onto a mat & then onto the base. Eagle eyes will also notice the bottom right card is upside down. I only realised when I was editing the pic & am too lazy to fix it!

For the box base, I resized the lid of this explosion box. The sliding lid is stamped whisper white card, topped with some more card strips & some Baroque flowers mounted with dimensionals onto punched scallop circles.I still have to make some envelopes to fit the cards, as they're not a standard size...or I may use them as gift cards without envelopes. Either way, I like the way the set turned out. Especially for a project that wouldn't have taken 2 hours from design to completion. Hope you like it too.

Hope you're all having a lovely long weekend. It's gone all cloudy in Sydney again today, but we're having afternoon tea at Cavallaro's, my favourite patiserrie, so it's all good!

No comments: