Tuesday 1 July 2008

Baroque for the road

I'm sure you're thinking "when will she just get over 'Baroque Motifs'", so apologies in advance to those visitors! I do LOVE this set, but I promise this will be the last post with it for a while. I have too many other stamps feeling unloved.

I made these cards for a June workshop & class. I really wanted to show the girls how to make a super quick but elegant card & a 'stepped up' version with some extra detail. Lets face it, sometimes we have more time than others to create. Again, you'll notice I've used the luscious 'in colours'. I just LOVE how they work together.

Super Quick Baroque

So here's my no fail quick card made just with card & ink...OK & 1 basic punch!). There are no cut outs (for once - LOL) & no raised layers.

The steps: - Use corner rounder punch to create scallop on bottom of whisper white card (remove guard to make scallops). - Stamp swirl in river rock ink on whisper white card across card. - Stamp large flower in blue bayou ink. - Stamp small flowers in soft sky & groovy guava ink. - Stamp greeting in blue bayou ink. - Add a narrow strip of groovy guava card to top of whisper white piece. - Mount on soft sky base.

Mini step up: To easily step-up this version, just exchange the groovy guava strip for some groovy guava double stitched ribbon – lovely for some simple texture.

Baroque Plus


Here's a stepped up, but still very quick version. The basic layout is the same as before. I've added a thicker guava strip & some blue bayou double stitched ribbon at the top. Then, I couldn't resist cutting out an extra guava motif, adding a not quite navy brad (fab with blue bayou too!) & popping it on dimensionals.

Baroque to Go (OK I'll stop it now!)

Here's a final super quick one for the road.
Again, it's the same basic layout as before. I just left out the large motif on this one & changed the base to river rock. I actually made 5 variations of this basic design in a set as a gift for my hostess Melissa, using different combinations of the colours. I also made matching envelopes for each the cards as a finishing touch.

1 comment:

Tegan said...

i love this set!! i want this set haha