Monday 23 November 2009

O Christmas Tree swaps

Well I'm finally back again to show you some little chuppa-chup Christmas trees I made as swaps for Stampin' Up!'s Demonstrator Regional Training day last Saturday. (btw, chuppa chups are lollipops for any non-Aussie visitors). Sam gave me one of these super-cute flower pots last year & the thought to make a Christmas version has been swimming around in my head since them... but I only got it out of my head a couple of weeks ago – sad huh?

I used some more Raspberry Tart DSP for the tree (surprised?) & the pot & stars are rose red cardstock. I adjusted Sam's pot dimensions to fit the look I wanted for the tree too. The trees on each end are my final swaps, the middle was another prototype, but I decided I liked the version with the large tag more (made with the 'Punches Three' hostess set). This also made it easier to include a (still tiny) project recipe. After making 18 though, my hand gave up the ghost, so I didn't end up having many to swap with the around 230 Demo's there, but I hope the ladies I did swap with liked the idea....& that you do too. I should have thought to take pics of some my team's swaps too, so I could show you, but I haven't, so that will have to come later.. so I'll just leave you with a mini forest of trees.In case you're wondering what Regionals were all about....It's yet another perk of being a Demo. I had a great day at Darling Harbour spent with my Demonstrator friends & team members, learning new ideas, tips & tricks from Stampin' Up! & some fellow Demonstrators, seeing & taking pics of all the fab ideas on the display boards, playing with new Summer Mini Catalogue goodies & laughing lots...not to mention eating a LOT of chocolate.

OK, it's bedtime for me now, but if you'd like any more info about the trees or anything else, just drop me a line & thanks heaps for visiting.

Inky wishes, Di

PS: Don't forget you can earn the square scallop punch for free this month, when you spend $85 on items from the Christmas Gift Guide before Dec 14. Click here for more info.

Update - Tuesday: Andrea, one of my lovely team members has posted her very cute triangle box Regionals swaps, so you can see them here now!

Supplies
Stamps: Punches Three (Short & Sweet – middle tree)
Card: rose red, whisper white, kiwi kiss card, Raspberry Tart DSP Ink: rose red
Accessories: gold brads, linen thread, dimensional. 2 way glue pen
Tools: star punch, square scallop punch

9 comments:

Trisha said...

Hello Di from freezing Southern Californina - ok freezing might be a slight exageration, however; it is much colder then I like...we are just getting ready for Thanksgiving here in the States. I love these Christmas Trees and think they will be a perfect project for my 3 yr old nieces pre-school class.
I can't decide if these are BEAUTIFUL or CUTE...so I think I will just go with FANTABULOUS!!!!
Thanks for yet another wonderful idea.

Ngaire in the UK said...

Hi Di, love your trees, what a shame I didn't check this post earlier - I just made 50 flowers for chuppa chups! These look so much nicer and easier!
ttfn

Sam said...

Wow Di, these look amazing. I bet there were a big hit...in fact I can just see you being knocked over by a wave of eager swappers!

Best wishes,
Sam.

PS. When did you move to SoCal?

Karen said...

Oh I sooooooooooo want one of these! lol Di - if I had of been there and swapped with you...........I would have done a cartwheel I think! While it would not have been a nice site for many I'm sure.......I reckon that would have been how I would have displayed my excitement! lol

Karen
x

Liam said...

Hi Di,

I am so sorry I missed you at Regionals. I did have a look around for a while but since we didn't get name tags I wasn't sure if I could recognise you. I love your swap I seen on the board I thought that was a great swap. It must have taken you ages. Loved the swap maybe I will see you at Convention.

Liam

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea Di! Too clever. I am unfortunately missing regionals this year. My daughter is having her Birthday party. Oh well next year! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm off to buy around 30 Chuppa Chups...lol!
Kirsty

Robyn said...

Love Love Love them Di! So cute ! Thank you SO much for sharing !

Janine P said...

love your mini forest of Christmas Trees Dianne.

kareN stampZ said...

they're amazing (per usual) what a FANTABULOUS swap all right