Wednesday 13 April 2016

In review - Flurry of Wishes Christmas cards

Seeing the Flurry of Wishes stamp set in this week's deals made me realise I'd only shared my projects using it on my colour me happy facebook group.

You'll get Flurry of Wishes for 25% off with this weeks Weekly Deals, so I thought I'd share here too. It's also available as a great discounted bundle with the Snow Flurry punch.

This was one of my fave sets last Christmas & I used it for most of my own Christmas cards. It's a great set as it includes different sized images for layering, some of which have matching punches & best of all, lovely sentiments that work on both the front & inside of the card. I'm determined to get my Christmas cards started & finished earlier this year. If you are too, I hope these are helpful to you.

I'd first used Flurry to decorate a box made with our square pillow box die (sadly now retired) & this became the inspiration for the card version. Click on any of the pics to see larger images.
I'm a big fan of blue & white Christmas cards so I used a combination of white & soft sky, with a touch of lost lagoon. The Softly Falling embossing folder gave lovely background texture
I reversed the colour scheme for some cards for a bit of variety. Which version do you like more?

Same-same but different

These cards feature the largest snowflake in the set & sentiment. Both cards use the same images, sentiment & placement, to create very different looks - one very clean & one more artsy & watercoloured.
Here's a closer pic of the watercoloured version. Which version is more your style?
 

Quick & easy backgrounds
Flurry of Wishes also works really well to create random backgrounds & these are great for creating quick & easy cards just with card & ink.

This first card was from my first Christmas class last year. I used the medium snowflake (in lost lagoon) & small double stamp in soft sky for my background. I added a shaped sentiment tag using the double curved corner shape & slot shapes from the fab Curvy Corner Trio punch, which is also available for 25% off with this week's Weekly Deals.
The sentiment is a combination of stamping & glittery die cut using the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp & die bundle. The final touch is a blingy snowflake, lined up with part of the background.
I used the same technique for this one using a different combination of the stamps, & leaving & more space between the images. I also included a different sentiment from the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp & die bundle

 For this final version I swapped around the colours, stamped & heat embossed the largest snowflake in white, then stamped the small stamp image in lost lagoon, & added some soft sky sponging to help the white pop & soften the background. I also heat embossed a wooden snowflake to add some more shine & texture.

Most supplies used for all these cards are still available to order at the moment, but the Christmas specific products may be on our retirement list next week. I've listed them all below with links back to more info and ordering through my online store. Leave me a comment if you have any questions about any of the cards or anything else.
Note: the 25% off prices are not shown below but will be listed correctly at the discount price in my store.
Thanks for visiting & I hope these cards give you some ideas for some early Christmas creating.
Inky wishes, Di


SuppliesTo see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below are listed with multiple options to purchase singly or in bundles. They may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have generally listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.


Versamark Pad
$13.00
Aqua Painters
$20.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$169.00

No comments: