Friday 20 January 2017

JAI 343 blog hop - succulent pop up slider


http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/01/just-add-ink-343blog-hop.html

We're launching our first Just Add Ink challenge for 2017 today with a fun blog hop. You may have arrived here from fabulous Chloe Evans' blog or some other way. However you did, welcome! :)

This week's challenge is to add a pop-up or interactive element, so I made this pop-up slider card using the new Oh So Succulent stamp & dies bundle.


I was so happy to see this bundle in the 2017 Occasions catalogue as I've a bit of a fascination with succulents. I have some on my kitchen window ledge that are so happy they're trying to take it over, so I'm thinking some paper versions might be just the thing.

Anyway, back to today's project, here's how the pop-up slider looks when flat & closed... or as flat as it gets with the succulents ;)


I used the 6 nesting dies in the Succulent framelits to cut the succulent pieces, then sponged each piece with ink (read on to see which colours). Finally I shaped them tto add some realism, using the curved ends of my liquid glue bottle & piercing tool. Leave a comment if you'd like more info on how I do this.
Here's a closer look.


Succulent Recipe
Suze from creatiefduo.nl's video gave me lots of inking tips to help get me started. Thanks so much, Suze :)
Large - 6 nested dies cut in mint macaron card, sponged with mint macaron, crumb cake & rich razzleberry ink. the 2 largest layers have a dimensional between them.
Medium - 4 nested dies cut in sweet sugarplum card, sponged with white craft, crumb cake & sweet sugarplum ink.
Small - 3 smallest nested dies cut in mint macaron card, sponged with white craft & sweet sugarplum.
Final touches - I added rich razzleberry enamel shapes to the centres, & painted the tips with clear Wink of Stella for a little sparkly touch (although hard to see in the pics - try clicking on them for a larger view).

Pop Up Slider
Since this is a pop up challenge & not a succulent challenge, you'd probably like more info on the pop up mechanism. These two pics show how the card looks when open. Simply pull the tag & the centre panel pulls up (thanks to just a few cuts & score lines) creating the pop up & revealing a secret message.
Pop up slider cards are so easy to make & use very little, so if you'd like me to post a tutorial for them, please leave me a comment.


The pretty patterned paper I used is from the Succulent Garden paper pack - so very pretty! I also used the largest circle from the Stitched Shape framelit set to back my succulents - are you excited to hear they're back in stock & ready to order? All three sentiments I used are from the Balloon Adventures stamp set again - my new most used birthday sentiment set. So many options for fronts & insides <3 I also used stamped some Oh So Succulent images on the inside too


Here's another view of the card flat - I love that it looks just as good flat as it does when it's popped. This card will be hand delivered so it's thickness isn't an issue.


 I think that's all I need to say except I hope you liked my pop up slider card. Remember to leave a comment if you'd like me to share a tutorial so you can make your own. You can see more of my pop up slider cards here. Pin this combined image for later too if you'd like.



Thanks so much for hopping with us at Just Add Ink today. Your next stop on our blog hop is the lovely Chantell Randall.

https://inkeverywhere.wordpress.com/2017/01/19/new-year-blog-hop-just-add-ink-343/


If you get lost along the way, just head to the Just Add Ink blog here (or click on the challenge banner at the top of the post) which is the first stop on the hop & follow from there. Once you've hopped around our challenge projects, try the challenge & link up your own project on the Just Add Ink blog too. Happy stamping!

Back soon with more projects.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.




Big Shot
$159.00

53 comments:

Kelly Kent said...

Oh wow - this card is special Di! Does it need a home??? :) Kelly x

Jan Clothier said...

Fabulous card! The succulents look so life-like! I've noticed a few of these pop-up slider cards on this blog hop and I'd not seen them before. A tutorial would be great.

Deb Speijers said...

Oh Di this is just georgeous! I think you have outdone yourself, if that is possible, I just love it.

Deb Speijers said...

Di, I would love a tutorial on this, I was holding off on getting these dies but now I know I really really need them lol!

Christine Blain said...

This card is so beautiful, and a real "wow", my friend! Love it to bits. You're too clever. I enjoyed your write up, too (especially the bit about this is "not a succulent challenge"). xx

Chloe said...

Gosh how realistic do those succulents look Di!! Such a beautiful card too.

KimB said...

Just wow Di! This truly does look super special closed or open! The succulents you created are gorgeous little gems (thanks for all the details too) and on the DSP really do look like they are sprinting forth form a garden! xxx

chezzakayewandellagal.blogspot.com.au said...

Oh Di this us a truly gorgeous card ! Your succulents are so pretty and lifelike and really do pop off the page ! I'd love a tutorial for the pop up ! The ones I have tried have been a little tricky to figure out .

Nikki Spencer said...

Sigh!...Just beautiful Di. Such a soft and pretty project, those succulents look amazing! xx

Rochelle Blok said...

What a gorgeous slider card, Di! Love this! Loving the colours, loving the DSP, loving the succulents. Love, Love, Love! Rochelle xo

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Stunning card.

Anonymous said...

Wow loving these colours - really love how you coloured around the edge of the succulents - must have taken some time. Chantell x x

Robyn Oliver said...

'Just' love your card Di, gorgeous colours and fabulous flowers

Joanne Stubbings said...

This is lovely Di! I'm not sold on this set yet but you're definitely getting me there! Did we get instructions when we made one of these in the Christmas class some time back?

Cherie said...

OMG! This is such a gorgeous card! I just love it! A tutorial would be wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!

Tina said...

Wow, this is so pretty! I wasn't a fan of the succulents bundle, but you may have won me over!

Patrice said...

What a masterpiece, Di. Such realism. Your sponging makes this card. Absolutely stunning. What more can I say?! xx

Sunny Strawbaler said...

That is stunningly beautiful Di! A lovely piece of your talent. I love the colours in the DSP. Sherylee.

Jan said...

Oh Wow, Di! This is so pretty! I love the soft and delicate colours you've chosen and your succulents look so real I just want to reach out and touch them! Absolutely wonderful card. xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful pop up slider card.

Cheryl said...

Would really love to see a tutorial/pictorial on this type of pop up card...Your card is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love it!

kareN stampZ said...

OMG Di that is just sensational & what a fab colour combo to get 2017 started.

Karren said...

So very cool! Edging the succulents in red gives them such a realistic look and your pop-up is fabulous!

Del Logan said...

Love the card, but yes I would love to see a tutorial thank you.

Karen Gerek said...

Stumble onto your blog just today and saw your card. It is AMAZING. You're colors are so lifelike; just gorgeous!

Jo Herbert said...

OMG this is just divine, so beautifully done! Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jo

Petra said...

Wow!!! So beautiful!

Ellen Wright said...

What a fabulous card! Love the Oh So Succulent suite and very interested in the pop up part. Would love to learn how to do that!. Thanks"

Marion said...

Love your pop up card. You had mentioned above posting a video on how to make a pop up card. Can you please do that?

Unknown said...

The card is beautiful! I would love to know how to make it. :)

Scrappingran@hotmail.com said...

Hi Dianne this card is beautiful, I would love a tutorial on how to make it please, Brenda from Australia xx love your videos xx

Karen from Norton, MA said...

Diane ~ your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love how it pops up (stunning) and would love to see a tutorial how you made it. Totally amazed by your talent!

Jude said...

Beautiful card! Please post a tutorial. This card would be great to make.

chedges9090 said...

Love this !!! Would love love a tutorial !

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love this card! Would love to see a tutorial on how to make this pop up card! Thanks for sharing! Diane

Sheila Pybus said...

Love this card Diane, would love the tutorial

diana decormier said...

I love this card and wud like to make for my next workshop. Can u send me the tutorial for it. dianedec@hotmail.com. Your cards are incredible. Thanks Diana

Elisha said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I would love and appreciate a tutorial or even a link that shows the basic workings:-). Thanks for the inspiration!!

Sandra Hanedanian said...

Gorgeous colors and fun card. I would also love to see the tutorial on how to make it. Thanks for sharing!!

Michelle Hoover said...

This is amazing and absolutely gorgeous! I would love the tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I LOVE This Card It Is So Pretty. I Would Like To Have The Instructions On How To Make This Card. IF You Don't Mind. stampNscraps@hotmail.com

Stephanie Remavich said...

I love what you have done with this stamp set and matching thinlets. I would love to make this project with my sister, please send a tutorial with card piece sizes so that I can gent started. Thank you!

Sheri said...

I would so love to have the tutorial for this card. It is so beautiful. Thanks so so much.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card!! I am working on a birthday card for my daughter and would so love to have the instructions for this card. This will be the first card I'm making with this bundle. Thanks in advance. Georgene

Christine Alward said...

I just found the post, and I love your pop-up slider card. Would you be able to send me instructions? Please and thank you so much!

Amy Todd said...

Hello, I love this card and would love to learn how to make it. Since I am just seeing this now (1 year later) Did you make a tutorial?
Thanks, Amy

Martha Brady said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE this card! I would so appreciate your instructions on making it! I have a very special person for whom I want to make it!
Thank you❣️ martha3b@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Would love to have instructions for this lovely card. THANK YOU

Constance.hildebrand56@gmail.com said...

I love your pop up Cards! Could you do a video showing us how to make one? Then I’ll buy the no bones set. Thanks.

MaryAnn Hilleary said...

Would love to know if you made a tutorial for this. Love this card!!!

Anonymous said...

I just found this post on Pinterest and fell in love with it!! Is it too late for the tutorial? My email address is moocow4patty@yahoo.com

Thank you so much!
Patricia L.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would love a tutorial to make this pop-up card. Please forward if possible to jpreitzel@comcast.net