Monday 15 May 2017

Special Reason 70th birthday

If you're a colourmehappy follower you know that the Special Reason stamp set & coordinating Stylish Stems die set are another of my favourites from the Occasions Catalogue. Sadly, it's also another fave not carrying over to the new catalogue, so if you love it, get it before it's gone.

Anyway, lets enjoy this lovely bundle some more by looking at this card for my auntie's 70th birthday last month.


I took my inspiration from one of the sample cards in the Sale-a-bration supplement, adding some extra details for that special milestone number. I love that the flower dies can be used to create the negative image, like in this card, or can be cut out to form a separate detailed flower. So clever.

I stamped the 70 using the Number of Years stamp set in versamark & rich razzleberry ink, then clear heat embossed & cut it out with the coordinating Large Numbers dies. I used the retired Sale-a-bration glimmer paper for the layer behind the die cut flowers & for the leaves & banner. If you don't have any of this glimmer paper, you could subsitute blushing bride glimmer (retiring but still available as of today) for the floral layer & colour dazzling diamonds glimmer paper with pear pizzazz reinker. I used one of the square Stitched Shapes dies to make the rectangle banner behind the glimmer banner.


I kept the inside very simple but in keeping with the front. I stamped a sentiment from Birthday Blooms stamp set & cut another flower out of the vanilla panel.


I hope my my Auntie enjoyed receiving the card & you enjoyed seeing it today too. Leave me a comment if you have any questions about it, or if you just want to say hi.

I still have lots of projects to share with you, including some more Special Reason cards from my Mother's Day class so pop back soon. Until then, thanks for visiting.

Inky wishes, Di

PS. you can see my other Special Reason cards here


Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.


Product List
Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad*
Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad*
$11.95
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: