Monday 11 December 2017

Christmas snowflakes - six ways




Blogging time has been scarce lately & Christmas is rapidly approaching so  today I'm sharing a bunch of snowflake cards. A bunch? Maybe a group of snowflakes should be called a sparkle of snowflakes 😄.  Almost all are super quick & easy to make & easily mass-produced.

They all feature one of my favourite & cheapest Holiday Catalogue faves - the Winter Wonder embossing folder. It's brilliant for quick, simple & elegant cards, so it's a total bargain for $13 (and you can have it shipped free if you order it today).

1. First up is this card from my last Christmas card class in November. I think this one's my favourite of all the snowflake cards so far. White, navy & soft sky are a beautiful combination (all year round too), especially teamed with silver. The embossed snowflake is sparkly too thanks to clear Wink of Stella.
Supply saver tip - cut the snowflakes from the navy panel. The holes are hidden behind the soft sky panel.


Stamp images inside & out are from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set (& bundle).


2. Speaking of the Snowflake Sentiments bundle, I've used both the stamps & dies on this U-bridge fold card.



These are my favourite new fold of this year. I used the same sizing as this card and Amanda Bates tutorial. Colours are pool party, dapper denim & white.

3. It doesn't get much simpler or supply friendly than this card. Just white cardstock, sponge brayered with pool party ink on the debossed side.  A dapper denim sentiment & cut snowflakes (more Snowflake Sentiments) and some silver Year of Cheer washi finishes it off.



Oh, I also painted the raised pattern with clear Wink of Stella & went nuts with rhinestones. Not sure if you can see it any better in this pic.


4. Silver mini sequin trim ramps up the Christmas sparkle on this simple layered snowflake,w hich I've again used with the snowflake debossed side up. I've scored around the edge to repeat the look. The colours are another Christmas favourite - smoky slate, night of navy, & white.


I've used sentiments from the Watercolor Christmas stamp set, inside and out for this one. Another Christmas essential that's not carrying over.


5. Another simple snowflake, this time with a banner & lovely heat embossed scripty sentiment (perennial Annual Catalogue favourite, Flurry of Wishes. Get it while it's on sale for $25.90 - until January 2nd. Team it with the Snow Flurry punch (just $18.60 on the Clearance Rack) for more snowflake options.


 6. Last but not least, another super simple snowflake in red, white & navy. An unsual snowflake combination for me, but I really like the fresh, clean, look. Snowflake Sentiments provides the sentiment again. LOVE this set. Wink of Stella provides lots of sparkle in real life too.


So that's your snowflake fix for today. Thanks for visiting & I hope you've found something to inspire you help get your Christmas cards finished or for next year. I have lots more to share so pop back soon.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Since time is scarce I've listed the supplies for all 6 cards together. Leave a comment if you need help identifying items for a specific project.

To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Note: Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.
Product bundles noted are discounted by 10% off individual purchase prices for a limited time. Items can be purchased separately after bundle offers end.




Flurry Of Wishes Photopolymer Stamp Set
$37.00
$25.90 until 2 Jan
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Glue Dots
$8.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$159.00
Snow Flurry Punch
Snow Flurry Punch
$18.60
Clearance Rack

No comments: