Friday 29 June 2018

JAI 415 inspiration challenge - thankful



Today I have a new card to share, made for this week's new Just Add Ink challenge. Rachael challenged us with this beautiful image.


This is what I made...


I've used a bit of old & new on my card. The bike & blossom tree from Sheltering Tree stamp set came to my mind when I saw the challenge image so that's what I went with. I'd forgotten how pretty the images are. I'd also been playing with the gorgeous, large blossom in the Healing Hugs stamp set earlier that day too, so they both came together nicely on the card.
I'd intended to emboss the floral panel with the new Subtle embossing folder but I totally forgot in my excitement that the card was coming together. #oops!

I created & stamped the scene with the help of my trusty Stamparatus. This helped me to perfectly align the bike & tree pieces with no fuss. You really do need one of these babies if you love multi-step stamping or perfect images.

Anyway, I liked the idea of popping up part of the scene, but didn't want to lose most of the pretty floral background (stamped with Healing Hugs blossom), so I went a bit crazy (for me) & created the skew-whiff look of the stamped panel. 😃


The sentiment is also from Sheltering Tree. I decided to make this card for one of my dearest friends to remind her of how amazing she is & how much I value her friendship. But shhh, she might not have seen it yet.


I've kept it simple inside with some more blossoms from Healing Hugs & plenty of space to write a message. This stamp set is one of our new Distinktive range of stamps, that give the effect of  multiple shades & layers with just one stamp. The stamps feel almost smooth but create such definition with so little effort. It's black magic I tell you! 😄

Anyhoo, that's my take on the challenge image today. Check out the Just Add Ink blog to see all the Design Team's projects for even more ideas. Hope you'll play along with us too.

I have a SU Diamond Stampers team meeting to get ready for now so I must finish here.
Thanks very much for visiting today. You'll find all the supplies below to make my card. Leave me a comment if you have any other q's. Remember to pin it for later inspiration too.

Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di
 
More about our Distinktive stamp range
See Healing Hugs in action in this SU vid, including some fun techniques to try.


See whole Distinktive stamps range here in my store or on page 241 of the Annual Catalogue. Contact me for more information or if you have questions.

Project Supplies


To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.

Note: Actual Items required are listed first. Additional coordinating options &/or discounted bundles listed at end of each supply list.

 


Big Shot
$159.00
Stamparatus
$85.00

4 comments:

Lynn Hoyt said...

Gorgeous card, so soft and so very pretty. I love when I find a great use for an older set.

Tina said...

Your card is delightful, Di! I'm sure your friend will love it. The colours are so soft and pretty.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card using one of my favorite sets…just used it for a birthday card yesterday! Will you share dimensions for this one, please?

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks for your comment. I don’t know the dimensions as it was made too long ago but it’s most likely to be a standard card made with a half a4 sheet of card.
Thanks, Di