Sunday 8 July 2018

Pop of purple & a butterfly

I've been all about sharing my cards using the floral dies in the Springtime Impressions die set, and totally forgot to share the simple butterfly card I made with the die in the same set.


I was pretty devastated when all my butterfly stamps & dies retired, so am very happy to have a new butterfly friend to play with, also in the Springtime Impressions set.
Our new butterfly is a little larger & a different shape to the old, & let's face it, it's a butterfly so you know I'm all in. 😃

As you can also see, I was/am still in my ombre-graduated background phase and what a bold background this is. So in love with our 2 new purple colours - gorgeous grape (so well named) & highland heather.


It was so quick and easy to make, and could be replicated in so many colours, but I do adore the purple. I started by sponge brayering the background with mostly gorgeous grape and little highland heather, leaving it very light at the top.

I stamped the rectangle frame stamp from the new & very useful Swirly Frames stamp set, also in gorgeous grape. This is an easy way to give the look of another layer.  The sentiment is another fave from Picture Perfect Birthday, stamped in Memento black. I used my Stamparatus for perfect lining up of the frame & sentiment.

The butterfly couldn't be easier - cut in glossy white cardstock for instant glossy shine. Some of my fave iridescent sequins add a little more.


Inside, there's a little more brayering and another sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday.

So that's another quick idea for you to try. Do you love our new purples too?... or the butterflies. Leave a comment if you do (pin it for later inspiration) & check out the supply list below to see & order what you need to make your own version.

Thanks for visiting

Happy stamping & inky wishes
Di

PS: Intricate Die Cutting Tips - I recommend cutting the intricate Springtime Impressions dies with the Precision Base Plate for Big Shot.
Place a piece of used plastic bag between the die & card to make releasing the cardstock a breeze too.


Project Supplies


To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.
Product List
Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: