Friday 3 April 2020

JAI 499 colour challenge - thinking of you butterfly


It's colour challenge week at Just Add Ink and Rachael has given us a pretty pastel palette to work with. I don't know that I'd have thought to combine them all on a project myself so it was a good challenge to try. I kept the design clean and simple to let the colours shine.


I haven't used the Beautiful Day stamp set for ages but this card reminded my of how much I love the butterfly. I chose to colour it with Stampin Blends markers in 2 of the challenge colours - highland heather and balmy blue - leaving a little white. The markers really help the butterfly pop.

I added a good layer of Clear Wink of Stella on top and some basic rhinestones for lots of sparkle irl.

The sentiment is also from Beautiful Day - a perfect one for a friend who's not been well. For the background, I used a favourite gingham paper in Blushing Bride from the Subtles stack, which I stamped with two of the speckle-splatter stamps from the Painted Poppies stamp set (or discounted bundle).


Inside is a simple layer with partial butterfly and a little more paper. I could have coloured straight onto the base but didn't want the Stampin Blends colouring to be visible on the back of the card.


So that's my take on the challenge colours. Keep It Simple Stamper so you can make lots to send to anyone needing a bit of extra love in these challenging times. What do you think?


Check out the Just Add Ink blog to see how the Design Team used the challenge colours. Head to my store to get any of the supplies you need to make your own version of my card.

Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's project. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.
 

Paper Snips
$17.00



https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300200/january-june-2020-mini-catalog?dbwsdemoid=4000625




http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes



https://dianebarnes.blogspot.com/2020/04/out-now-april-stamping-sisters-tutorial.html
 

No comments: