Friday 4 September 2020

JAI 521 inspiration challenge - Poinsettia Christmas

Yippee, I managed to get some stamping time this week, just in time to make a project for this week's Just Add Ink photo inspiration challenge AND use some of my new Christmas Mini Catalogue goodies to do it. So here goes with my first Christmas card for 2020.
 
 

I was drawn to the copper jars with filled with a spray of green and white flowers. The writing on the jars reminded me of the words in the Peace and Joy stamp and die bundle so that became my starting point.
 
I heat embossed the three images from Peace & Joy using copper embossing powder (which is sadly retired). The metallic copper looks so great in real life but my photo just doesn't capture it well.
 
 
The warm colours & green & white florals also reminded me of the beautiful Poinsettia Place paper, so that became my second element using one of the prints. I cut two of the large poinsettias on one side and the leafy-floral print for the background.


Did you know that some of the poinsettia paper images can be cut out using the Poinsettia dies in the Poinsettia Petals bundle - that's the top one on the card. I fussy cut the bottom one, and can you keep a secret? It's only a partial image from the paper edge. I hid the missing part under the copper banner.

Speaking of the copper banner, I cut the end with the new Banners Pick a Punch. I thought I couldn't love a banner more than the Banner Triple Punch but I can see the Banners Pick a Punch becoming a favourite too.

So that's my take on the inspiration challenge. I hope you liked it. See how the other Design Team members were inspired to use the challenge image on the Just Add Ink blog.

If you'd like to make your own version of my card, you can see and order them from the links below.

Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di


Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's project. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.
Note
: Additional purchase options for coordinating items listed at end of  supply list.

Joy Dies
$56.00
Versamark Pad
$16.50
Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder
Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder
Retired
Heat Tool
$50.00

GET YOUR SEPTEMBER STAMPING SISTERS TUTORIAL BUNDLE NOW!

No comments: