Friday 28 May 2021

JAI 556 Just Add a slimline birthday card

Stampin Up friend birthday card using Biggest Wish - Artistically Inked & Butterfly Brilliance. Card by Di Barnes - colourmehappy - Demonstrator in Sydney Australia


Hello hello, I'm so happy to share my stamp room is finally almost fully set up in our new home and I have  created a card to share with you today - my first in a long while for the Just Add Ink Challenges Design Team. It feels good to be back.

This week, Lou challenged us to create a slimline card so I picked some of my favourite new goodies and made this:




Stampin Up friend birthday card using Biggest Wish - Artistically Inked & Butterfly Brilliance. Card by Di Barnes - colourmehappy - Demonstrator in Sydney Australia

So what's a slimline card? It's a newish name for a card that's longer and thinner than a regular card. In the past I've just called them a tall or long card but slimline it is now.

Slimline Card Measurements

  • My slimline card fronts are usually10cm wide x 21cm tall. Using A4 card the card base is 20cm x 21cm scored in half at 10cm along the 20cm side (or 2/3 of an A4 sheet). This fits a standard DL sized envelope.
  • Using another size cardstock (eg 8.5" x 11") the front is essentially 1/3 of a sheet and the card base is 2/3 of a sheet, which you then score in half.

That said, today's card will need a custom envelope since I extended the Happy Birthday sentiment off the front.

My card has 3 main elements: 

Sentiment Panel 

  • The combination of block and handwriting script in the Biggest Wish stamp set really pops. 
  • Happy Birthday was stamped in Polished Pink & cut out with a Rectangle Stitched die. 
  • Friend is stamped in Memento black ink and fussy cut. 

Background 

  • I randomly stamped the large floral inky image from the Artistically Inked stamp set over a piece of Basic White card using Polished Pink, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green & Daffodil Delight ink pads. To keep the colours soft, I mostly stamped off on scrap once or twice. I love the new colours created where the colours overlap.
  • I embossed the panel with the Tasteful Textile 3d embossing folder to add texture then mounted in onto a piece of Polished Pink card. So far this is my favourite new In-Color.

Butterflies

  • The detailed butterfly die cuts are from the Brilliant Wings set (and the Butterfly Brilliance stamp & die bundle) are cut from Basic White card.
  • Some Opal Rounds and In-Color Jewels add sparkle to the butterflies and base.
  • Tip: Adhere the butterflies only at the body so the wings can be pushed up.

Stampin Up friend birthday card using Biggest Wish - Artistically Inked & Butterfly Brilliance. Card by Di Barnes - colourmehappy - Demonstrator in Sydney Australia


I hope my card has given you some ideas to try. To order supplies to make your own version, follow the links to my store below.

Thanks so much for being patient while I've been unable to stamp and share with you during our house renovation and move. Leave me a comment to say hello or ask any questions about my card or anything else Stampin' Up!

Head over to the Just Add Ink blog to see the slimline cards created by the Design Team. We'd love to see your slimline cards too. Until next time.

Happy stamping & inky wishes
Di

Stampin Up friend birthday card using Biggest Wish - Artistically Inked & Butterfly Brilliance. Card by Di Barnes - colourmehappy - Demonstrator in Sydney Australia

SEE & SHOP ALL PROJECT SUPPLIES HERE


2 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Yay, you're back! So good to read that your craft space is nearly done, my friend. What a beautiful card this is. I am loving Biggest Wish and Artistically Inked ... and just adore what you've done with them, and those gorgeous butterflies. (BTW: The link to your blog, on the JAI site, is broken. x)

Tina said...

Woo Hoo! You're back! Your card is stunning! I thought that the background must have been DSP - great job stamping it. I love the bold sentiment over the soft background, such a wonderful contrast.