Friday 20 March 2009

Eastern Blooms & Bali Breeze Joy

Heelllooo again! I'm back with the second project from my 14 Feb class – a joy fold card made using my favourite set & paper from the Summer Mini – Eastern Blooms & Bali Breeze paper.
This was one of those cards that came together like a breeze (no pun intended) & is by far my most favourite card in a long time. By the response of the ladies who made it at the class, they really liked it too. I found this great tutorial on Splitcoast & just had to try it, so I aussified the measurements to fit A4 card. I'm not sure why it's called a joy card but they are fun to make. The basic card has 2 pieces of folded cardstock – one large piece with the fold on the left & a smaller piece with a fold on the right. Hopefully, you can see the way it works in these pics.
What I did:
  • The colours are tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie, apricot appeal, really rust, celery & white (never thought I'd use those together but there you go!).
  • The flower stem (can you say gorgeous?) is coloured with certainly celery, pumpkin pie & really rust markers, then mounted on pumpkin card.
    The greeting (from Occasional Greetings – but you must know that by now) is also stamped in pumpkin pie.
  • The large flower was inked with an apricot appeal pad & then parts of it coloured with a pumpkin pie marker. The same image is stamped on the inside white panel.
  • The smaller flowers are inked in apricot appeal & pumpkin pie & then the centres are coloured with pumpkin & really rust markers). All three flowers are mounted on dimensionals.
If you have any questions about the card, just drop me an e-mail. I'll be back next time with some more Eastern Blooms projects.
Cheers, Di
PS: Only 11 more days to order from the Summer Mini, so contact me if there's something you need.
PPS: You can find the latest updates to retirement list availability on the right bar.
PPPS: I'll be posting information soon about the retired/retiring sets I will be selling soon. Stay tuned for some bargains.
Supplies:Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Occasional Greetings
Card: tempting turquoise, pumpkin pie, whisper white
Paper: Bali Breeze designer series
Ink: apricot appeal, pumpkin pie ink pads, certainly celery, apricot appeal, pumpkin pie & really rust markers

No comments: