Wednesday 17 February 2010

Some birthday love

I promised I'd be back with something to show you, so without further delay....

It's been ages since I made this one for my gorgeous Damien's birthday waaay back in November. I like giving unusual cards to Damien, so I came up the idea of making with mini Cara & Di's (using the 'All in the Family' set) holding a heart of Sweet Treats (new in the Summer Mini).

The 'minis' were stamped with a choc chip marker since some of the body pieces had to be realigned & I used some riding hood red 'Candy Lane' DSP for the dresses & heart. To get the lollies (red Skittles) out of the cup, I made a pull tab with more 'Candy Lane' DSP & cut some circles in the base & mat layers. You can maybe see them here.
It was a little bit of trial & error making the holes (not helped by me only making it the day before Damo's birthday), so I think I could do it much simpler next time, but I finished off the card with the Love you greeting from 'Short & Sweet' punched out & layered on punched word window. The hearts inside are from the 'Something Sweet' set, which is designed to work with the Sweet Treat Cups.

I was still really happy how it turned out in the end, & best of all, Damien loved it. He still hasn't eaten the lollies though, despite much persuasion from Cara. Hope you like this sweet idea too.

Warm & inky wishes
Di

Supplies:
Stamps: All in the Family, Short & Sweet, Something Sweet
Card/Paper: choc chip, pink pirouette, whisper white, Candy Lane DSP
Ink: choc chip & blush blossom stampin' write markers, riding hood red ink pad
Accessories: Sweet Treat cup
Tools: small oval & word window punches, 3/4 inch circle punch, Circle Scissor Plus
Other: Skittles lollies

3 comments:

Robyn said...

That is so cute! Best use yet of the sweet treat cups that I have seen !!

Andrea said...

Just GOOOOOORGEOUS!

Chrissie said...

Just lovely Di...very sweet (LOL no pun intended)