Saturday 27 February 2010

stamps + ink = cute school books

Here's another different post – one for the Mum's who have to cover their kids' school books... even though I'm sure you'll all have well finished them by now.
Cara brought home her school books to cover a few weeks ago & initially wanted to use the dreaded Contact, but I (having 'a few' stamping supplies & not enough stamping time lately) suggested we stamp some covers instead, & this was the result.
We stamped A3 sheets of paper with 'Flight of the Butterfly', 'Short Order Alphabet', 'Starring You' & 'Circle Circus' & ink pads in orchid opulence, pixie pink & tempting turquoise. (Can you pick the ones Cara did & I did? – she did a great job). Then, I covered the books with the paper & then thick plastic (to protect the stamping of course!). I have to say I was really happy how they turned out & best of all, Cara was thrilled with our handiwork. Hope you like them too.

Inky wishes, Di

Supplies:
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Short Order Alphabet, Starring You & Circle Circus
Card/Paper: A3 copy paper, pixie pink & whisper white card
Ink: orchid opulence, pixie pink & tempting turquoise

4 comments:

Karen said...

These look fabo Di! No wonder the kiddiwinkles loved them!

Hey...........don't spose the postie bought you some happy mail this week???

Luv K
x

Sam said...

These school books look great Di! I wish I'd thought of this idea.

We went the dreaded contact, and being my first time....I made a huge mess. Maybe next year.

Hugs,
Sam.

Kellie Jupe said...

They certainly are cute - great work girls.

Anonymous said...

I was impressed! Great idea Di!

Mrs M xx