Friday 4 May 2018

JAI 407 Just add O... eclectic gatefold



This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is a letter challenge.


We need to add something beginning with 'O', so I made this bold, floral, gate fold card with the Oh So Eclectic stamp set.


The basic layout came from an awesome shutter card made by my stamping bestie, Kellie. Thanks, Kellie! More about our shutter card phase another time.

To make the gate fold card base, I started with a standard half A4 sheet of card, and scored it at 5.25cm from each side using the Simply Scored scoreboard & metric plate. The Simply Scored makes it soooo easy to make a gate fold that meets perfectly in the middle, as the 5.25cm has it's own scoreline on the board - not an easy number to acurately measure otherwise.

The gorgeous, bold striped Painted with Love specialty DSP print is adhered to the left side of the front, 1.5cm from edge. This piece overlaps the centre so it gives the gatefold a different look. I'm not normally a big gold lover but I'm really loving using the saturated berry colours teamed with the gold.


The front feature panel has a pretty cluster of watercoloured & die cut flowers from the Oh So Eclectic stamp set, and cut with the Eclectic Layers die set (available as a discounted bundle until 31 May, or individually from then). See all purchase options in the supply list at the bottom of this post.

I've teamed them with gold foil 'celebrate' die cut from the brilliantly useful Celebrate You set. You might remember this die set was a Sale-a-bration freebie choice earlier in the year. The good news is that it's coming back in the new Annual Catalogue from 1 June 2018. I have been using this a lot.


On the inside I've added some more striped paper & a simple sentiment panel (Picture Perfect Birthday) in powder pink. This pic shows you the gatefold panel better.


So, I'd have like to add a few more O's to my card but it wasn't to be on this one. I actually made another card using some ombre brayering, but you'll have to see that one next time. After pinning my card for later, head to the Just Add Ink blog to see the team's O projects & try the challenge yourself.

Thanks for visiting today. Hope you pop back again soon. Remember to pin my project for later inspiration if you liked it. See the supply list below to order the items you need to make your own version.

Until next time, inky wishes
Di


Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs as your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.

Notes: - Painted with Love DSP pack available while stocks last only.
- Oh So Eclectic stamp & die discounrted bundle only available until 31 May 2018
- Celebrate You dies not available to order until 1 June 2018.



Jet Black Stazon Ink Pad
Jet Black Stazon Ink Pad
$15.75
Aqua Painters
$20.00
Big Shot
$159.00
Simply Scored
$50.00

2 comments:

Tina said...

Your card is so pretty, Di! I totally agree with you on the mix of gold and berry colours. Just gorgeous!

Rochelle Blok said...

Gorgeous card Di! Loving the bright and fun colours and they go so beautifully with the touches of gold! The gate-fold just adds another WOW element to your awesome card! Rochelle xo