Friday 10 August 2018

JAI 421 sketch challenge - celebrate you



I do love a good sketch so I'm happy it's sketch challenge week at Just Add Ink and that Narelle's given us this one to work with. Do check out the Just Add Ink blog when you finish here, to see how all my clever teamies used the sketch. Then try it yourself. I'm sure it's a keeper.



 I rotated the sketch like this...


...to make a clean, fresh & quick card.


This could be used for so many occasions or people by switching up the colours. This one will be on the way to a special someone as soon as I can get to the postie.

I may have taken a bit of a liberty with with the sketch to move the 'celebrate' sentiment but I won't tell if you don't.


Speaking of the sentiment (of course from Celebrate You), I've used our gorgeous new rose glimmer paper. It's a beautiful colour, somewhere between our retired blushing bride & sweet sugarplum.

I created my sketch circle element with layers of Stitched Shapes circles, and the panel with some fresh Tropical Escape paper pack from the Tropical Chic suite.  I snuck in more stitches using the stitched edge die in the Stitched Labels set at the top & bottom of the paper panel.

I just love the colours and prints in this pack. A few adhesive backed sequins repeated the circular theme.


Inside I repeated all the elements from the front, adding using another die from the Celebrate You die set. Seriously, sometimes I don't know how I made cards before the Stitched Shapes & Celebrate You dies. They sneak onto just about every project in some way these days.

Actually, did you realise that there's not a single stamp on this card? #colourmeshocked. I'll have to remedy that on my next project.

Anyway, that's all from me today. Thanks for visiting today & hope you've enjoyed my take on the sketch. Check out the supply list below to get what you'll need to make a similar version for one of your  special people, and pin the card for later too.

Happy creating & inky wishes
Di


PS: Did you know all our glimmer paper has been revamped to cut much easier in your Big Shot AND the glimmer stays much more on the paper, not on you.
I don't know if my class lovelies will miss going home covered in glitter, but let's hope not. 😉 See all our glimmer paper colours here in my store and bling up your next project.

Project Supplies


To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.



Big Shot
$159.00

2 comments:

Tina said...

Ooh, your card is fabulous! I hadn't noticed that you didn't stamp on it until you pointed it out!

Lou said...

Gorgeous colours and sparkliness Di! Love the surprise on the inside. x