Friday 24 August 2018

JAI 423 colour challenge - make a wish




I'm always game to try a new colour combination and this week's challenge combination at Just Add Ink is certainly a new one for me.


I decided to try a graphic, masculine-ish look and this is what I came up with.


Fun! All the main elements I used are from the bold & fun Broadway Bound suite of goodies: Broadway Birthday - Broadway Lights stamp and die bundle plus a a little Broadway Bound dsp.


The wish background was made with two coordinating stamps from Broadway Birthday - first the wish text in bermuda bay, then the little lights in basic gray. The set is photopolymer so it was really easy to line them up. I added a layer of vellum to soften the look & help the element cluster be the star of the card. Click on this close-up for a better look at the words.


Speaking of the cluster, it has 3 main elements using dies from the Broadway Lights die set:

- Marquee frame - border cut in silver foil
- Two layered 'wish' words, creating a small shadow in soft suede, with some extra showbiz shine  by covering it with glue from fine tip glue pen. This creates such a glossy look. Note to self - be patient & careful not to get bubbles in the glue!
- Party hats cut from the Broadway Bound dsp. It's so cool that the dies cut both the stamp images in the set and the paper.

Everything of course is popped up to add some more drama.


A little more drama inside too - I stamped 2 more sentiments on white, then cut out with marquee shapes. I repeated the party hats, then layered them all on bermuda bay card. Still easy to write on but helps the sentiments pop. Oh, I also drew a line around the edge with a bermuda bay marker. You can use either a Stampin' Write marker or fine tip end of a Stampin' Blend marker.

So that's my take on this week's colour challenge. I hope you liked my idea. Do check out all the JAI team projects using the colours too, as there are lots of wonderfully unexpected & creative takes on it.

In any case, I hope you get some happy stamping time this weekend. I have some other Broadway Birthday projects to share with you, so pop back soon. If you'd like to make your own version, check out the supply list below, or recreate it in your favourite colour combination.

Happy stamping & inky wishes
Di

PS: Remember you get 10% off the individual stamp set and die set prices when you buy them together in the Broadway Birthday bundle. Check out the supply list below to see and get them.

Project Supplies

To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.
Print Recipe

Big Shot
$159.00

1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

This is a fantastic card, Di. I love how you've used the challenge colours.