Friday 7 September 2018

JAI 425 inspiration challenge - petal gatefold



Hooray for Spring in Australia! This week's Just Add Ink challenge is to make a card inspired by this beautiful inspiration image. Oh my goodness, how gorgeous are those hydrangeas & that idyllic little garden scene.

 

It's much too early for hydrangeas in Australia but the image immediately made me think of the truly gorgeous Petal Promenade paper pack. This features photographic images of real flower clusters and arrangements. Here's what I made with it.

click on a pic for a larger image

I used a large stitched die from the equally beautiful Stitched Labels set as a nod to the white picket fence in the image.

Two layered white die cuts created a more rounded look. I backed them with a berry burst layer to create some shadow & tie back to the paper colour. How pretty are those stitched & cut details?

I stamped a favourite sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday, added clear Wink of Stella around the stitched areas and pearls coloured with a new Blackberry Bliss Blends marker, plus a little floral die cut from the Bouquet Bunch die set. #finishingtouches


Inside, there's more of that gorgeous paper and a coordinating sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday.


Thanks for visiting today. What do you think - have I done justice to that beautiful image? Check out the Just Add Ink blog to see how the team were inspired by it too. We'd love you to try the challenge.

If you'd like to make your own version of my card, see & order the supplies you'll need from the list at the bottom of this post

Happy stamping & inky wishes
Di


Christmas is Here!

Shop now or contact me for a free copy of the catalogue

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/30010/holiday-catalogue?dbwsdemoid=4000625

Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one. 

Print Recipe

Berry Burst Classic Stampin' Pad
Berry Burst Classic Stampin' Pad
$11.50
Big Shot
$159.00

2 comments:

Sunny Strawbaler said...

Very lovely Di! Love the stitched framelits. Sherylee.

Jan said...

So pretty Di! Your stitched frame and elegant sentiment compliment the flower background so beautifully and I love the extra gatefold details too. xx