Saturday 18 May 2019

Three Tea Together pop up cards


I'm back today to share one of my fave Tea Together card projects... or four. I totally have the lovely Lou Kitzelman to thank for this fun pop up design. As soon as I saw Lou's Tea Together cards using the Gingham Gala paper pack I knew I had to try them too.

I chose to use the gorgeous All My Love paper pack for my cards. The patterns & colours in this pack are just beautiful & work so well with the Tea Together stamp set.

Version 1 - I made this first one back in February for our stand at the Craft Alive show.


The teapot is stamped on soft sea foam card, then I added a little shading with the soft sea foam Stampin' Blends - much quicker & easier than colouring the whole. The teapot & single flower are stamped on white card & coloured with mint macaron, flirty flamingo, lovely lipstick & soft sea foam Stampin Blends.

Tip: stamp in basic gray ink for a softer look than black.


Inside I added a sentiment from the Needle & Thread bundle. I have used the stamped sentiments in this set so much. Note that that patterned paper inside is popped up on dimensionals, as this is what makes the scored front stand up.

Version 2 - Ladies only class

I made two more adapted versions for my Ladies Only class at the end of April. A fun thing about these two are that they use different sides of the same sheet of patterned paper so each person got to choose which look & occasion they wanted.

For the class versions, we also used shimmery white card for some lovely subtle shine, and we coloured the flowers with Watercolour Pencils - Assortments 1 and 2.
Assortment 2 was available last year for a limited time and will happily be available in the 2019-20 Annual Catalogue. I used melon mambo, flirty flamingo & granny apple green & old olive pencils.  Did you spot the Rectangle Stitched dies getting a work out again too?

These are all the class variations - starting with this crumb cake & flirty flamingo birthday card


And a Mother's Day one...

 

I also made this get well version for a sick friend


Inside the get well card I chose two sentiments from the Well Said stamp set. I'm really enjoying using this set on all sorts of cards.


Fold it flat for posting, then just pop the folded front behind the popped strip to stand up.


Here's more of the crumb cake & flirty flamingo birthday card.



It folds flat for posting, but don't go crazy with popping up all the layers with dimensionals, as it can make it much thicker to post.


 Inside I used my fave sentiment from the Needle & Thread bundle again.


Tips to make your own

If you'd like to make your own version, start by checking out Lou's template on her blog. I changed Lou's metric measurements slightly for these, scoring my standard half A4 base (21 x 14.8cm) at 2cm, 8.5cm & 10.5cm.

Scoring & construction - When constructing the base, don't bend at the scorelines until after you've attached the piece of patterned paper on top. Then you can then fold & finger press. This helps align the paper & ensure it doesn't crack when you fold the base.

Stamping - I used my trusty Stamparatus to perfectly align the sentiment & flower in the teapot (sentiment from the Needle & Thread stamp set & bundle), making it really quick & easy to make multiple versions.

I hope these cards give you some ideas for using the Tea Together stamp set or for trying a new fancy fold. Thanks again Lou for sharing such a fabulous idea. My class lovelies loved it too.

I've listed the supplies for all the different options below, so you can order what you need to make your own. Please note the limited availability of some retiring items & new catalogue items. Let me know if you need help with any info or orders.

I'll be back over the weekend with some more projects to share, so pop back soon.
In the meantime you can see all my Tea Together cards here.

Happy stamping & inky wishes

Di
#sydneystamper #colourmehappy


Project Supplies
 

To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below. Then order them in my Online Store.
You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.

Notes:
Retiring Items - All My Love paper & Needle & Thread bundle & stamp sets & dies are retiring & on the last chance list, & are only available until 3 June. while supplies last only.
New Items - Tea Time dies & Watercolor Pencil Assortment 2 available from 4 June onwards.
Bundle Discounts ending - Well Said bundle availability & discount ends on 3 June. Available separately only from 4 June.


Tea Time Framelits Dies
$37.00
Avail 4 June
Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2
$21.75
Avail 4 June
Blender Pens
$21.00
Stamparatus
$85.00
Big Shot
$159.00

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300500/last-chance-products?dbwsdemoid=4000625

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/products/31041/everything-is-rosy-product-medley?dbwsdemoid=4000625
http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&productID=152032

1 comment:

Lou said...

Oh Di these are gorgeous. Thanks for the shout out. I need to make some more after seeing these!