Friday 21 February 2020

JAI 493 - floral felt birthday



 It's time for a Just Choose Two challenge at Just Add Ink this week, which means we have to use two of the three challenge options on a project. I chose to use stitching and felt.


I haven't used felt in a while but remembered I had the pretty For the Love of Felt project kit. That plus my love of stitched dies, and the pretty Best Dressed paper pack I had on my desk became the starting points for my card.


I started with a cluster of stitched felt flowers & die cut leaves from the For the Love of Felt project kit on a white stitched circle (Stitched Shapes dies) with sentiment from Peaceful Moments stamp set. This seems to be my go-to stamp sentiment set at the moment.

My trusty Stitched Rectangle dies helped create a floral frame raised up on some foam, and smaller stitched rectangle (in soft sea foam) to provide a softer base for the flower cluster.


Note: The flowers are actually a beautiful bright pink but for some reason look more red in the pics. #whoknowswhyI repeated the framed look inside with a stitched rectangle frame paper off-cut and another sentiment from Peaceful Moments.


It's been a challenging week personally so that's all for me for this Just Add Ink challenge. I hope my card gave you some ideas to try for the challenge or another project. Leave a comment if you have any questions or liked what I've made.

All the supplies I've used as listed below for you to order from me (Australia only) and make your own project.

Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

More about For the Love of Felt Project Kit


The For the Love of Felt project kit includes supplies to make 12 cards - 4 each of 3 designs, all featuring stitched felt flower elements. You'll also need the coordinating stamp set and ink pads to create your projects. Follow the links below for more info or to order your kit.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=149650&dbwsdemoid=4000625https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/product/149507/for-the-love-of-felt-cling-stamp-set?dbwsdemoid=4000625

Project Supplies

Here's what I used to make today's projects. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.




https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300200/january-june-2020-mini-catalog?dbwsdemoid=4000625

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/310100/sale-a-bration?dbwsdemoid=4000625http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes

AVAILABLE NOW

 
 

3 comments:

Mae's Cachet said...

This is gorgeous, love the frames. Glad you found your inspiration. Xx

Leonie Schroder said...

love this Di ... love he mix of items from the felt kit and best dressed

Tina said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a challenging week - you wouldn't know it from looking at your gorgeous card! I love the mix of felt flowers and cardstock leaves on your card.