Sunday 9 February 2020

Koala Aussie wedding congrats z fold card


If you saw the koala baby card I shared last time and thought it was cute, hopefully you'll think today's is twice as cute, as it has two koalas!

That card was actually made before & inspired by today's - a fun, non-traditional themed wedding card, using Bonanza Buddies stamp set & bundle.

This in turn inspired my February Stamping Sisters Tutorial Bundle project - which has the same fun and easy fold - with a very different look. I love when ideas inspire others.



I've been calling this one my Aussie wedding card, not just because of the koalas, but also because the two paper prints from the Garden Lane pack look like eucalypt - gum leaves. Non traditional it may be but it also makes me smile, so I hope it made the friends I gave it to smile as well.


The fold I've used is called a z-fold card - because it looks like a reverse Z when open. I used the beautiful stitched scallop rectangles from the Stitched So Sweetly die set (& discounted So Sentimental bundle)for the feature panels.

The congratulations on front & inside sentiment are from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set, which has lots of other useful sentiments as well as florals.


Of course this really is all about the koalas - I just love them - which are stamped in smoky slate and basic gray ink.

It was soooo much fun dressing them up for a wedding too. I used 3 small hearts cut from the cluster of hearts die (Stitched be Mine die set) and champagne rhinestones (love!) to make a bow tie and hairclip, plus another gem for a necklace.


The stitched scallop hearts behind them are also from the Stitched be Mine die set, which has lots of different layered hearts. See them all in the list below.

So what do you think? Cute or a bit bonkers? Either way, I hope the newlyweds enjoyed it.
If you want to try this fold, check out the February Stamping Sisters Tutorial Bundle. Read more below.

More about Bonanza Buddies

I think you'll love all the fun & cute images in the Bonanza Buddies stamp set and discounted stamp and die bundle. You'll also find coordinating paper and accessories in the full Birthday Bonanza suite. See & shop them all in my store.



Stamping Sisters February Tutorial Bundle
Want to try this fold and learn more techniques too? Check out the February Stamping Sisters Tutorial bundle here - free with a $60 Stampin' Up! order with me or purchase for $15 AUD
Here's a peek at my project - poppies instead of koalas :) Get them here!


That's all from me today. Pop back soon for more ideas and inspiration and get your Bonanza Buddies goodies and anything else you need in my store.

Happy stamping & inky wishes
Di


Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's projects. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.

Bonanza Dies
$45.00

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300200/january-june-2020-mini-catalog?dbwsdemoid=4000625

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/310100/sale-a-bration?dbwsdemoid=4000625http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes

 

No comments: