Friday 6 March 2020

JAI 495 Just add a rainbow... of music

This week at Just Add Ink challenges, Rochelle has asked us to Just Add a Rainbow. What a fun challenge and who doesn't love a good rainbow.

I created a card for my darling man, although you could use it for many other occasions.

My new Music from the Heart stamp set got it's first of many inkings. This set includes hand drawn music themed images - music notes, stave, piano, guitar, keyboard and lots of useful sentiments, both for everyday & when you need a fun music pun. See more about it at the end of this post.

My card is easy & pretty quick to make using minimal supplies. All the rainbow colours on the card are made with Stampin' Blends alcohol markers.




To make it, I first stamped seven treble clef images in Memento black ink, at different heights across a panel of whisper white card. and coloured each little heart in the centre to create a rainbow. I also stamped and cut out another treble clef (indigo) and popped it up in dimensionals.

The completed panel got the Subtle 3d embossing folder treatment to add more texture too.

The 'music from the heart' sentiment is a two line sentiment. I stamped each word separately onto whisper white, then punched out each word with the Classic Label punch (so the pieces would all be the same height), and trimmed to required width. Then I coloured with Stampin Blends markers & popped them up on Dimensionals across the card.


To create the rainbow spectrum at the top and bottom I simply created lines of colour on a 5cm (2 in) wide piece of whisper white, using the brush tip end of the Stampin' Blends. I blended between colour changes - some are more blended than others due to the shade change required. The Stampin Blends marker colours I used are all listed in order at the end of this post.

Once complete, I cut the colour strip in half & adhered to top & bottom of card front, then matted the main panel over a piece of basic black & adhered.


Inside is very simple with the same blac & white panel, rainbow sliver & some music notes.


So that's my rainbow challenge card. Who would you make it for?


You'll find lots more rainbow ideas created by the Design Team on the Just Add Ink blog, so make sure you check them out. Even better, create your own rainbow project and link it up to the challenge.

To create your own musical rainbow, check out what you need from the supply list below. If you have any questions, just leave a comment or send me an e-mail.

Take a closer look at Music From the Heart

There are so many possibilities with Music from the Heart. Images look great stamped simply as I've done today or can be used cleverly with many techniques to create lots of different looks. For example, the treble clef can be combined with the guitar image to create a whole guitar.

Music from the Heart was designed in conjunction with the amazing Dawn Olchefske, who designed this set with Stampin' Up! as part of her million dollar sales achievement reward.

Dawn shared 17 projects made with the set in this blog post, so take a look to get you started, and order your stamp set in Australia via the links below.


That's it from me for today. Until next time, happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's project. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.

Paper Snips
$17.00

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300200/january-june-2020-mini-catalog?dbwsdemoid=4000625

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/310100/sale-a-bration?dbwsdemoid=4000625http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes

https://dianebarnes.blogspot.com/p/stamping-sisters-tutorials.html 

7 comments:

Kim Fehon said...

Beautiful card Di.

Nancy said...

AWESOME card!!!

Jan Clothier said...

I love this card, Di. I think that all the pieces of your rainbow - the hearts in clef, the words and the rainbow strips - fit together perfectly, just like a well-composed score!

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thank you, Kim 😁💗

ColourmehappyDi said...

Wow, thanks so much, Jan. Glad you liked it.

Tina said...

This is such a fabulous card! A very easy, but effective way to include a rainbow in your card. I love it!

Regina Lokken said...

Absolutely love this card!!! Hope you don’t mind that I CASEd it for my husbands birthday card :)