Friday 19 January 2024

JAI 685 Just add flowers new year blog hop - Perennial Lavender fun fold card

Handmade fun fold gate fold card featuring Stampin Up Perennial Lavender paper, Perennial Postage stamps and dies, Dainty Delight dies. Card by Diane Barnes - colourmehappy - stampinupcards - Indpendent Demonstrator in Australia - stamping - cardmaking

Hello and welcome to my first 2024 post and first 2024 Just Add Ink challenge team project too. This week our challenge is to Just Add Flowers.  As always we're welcoming the new year with a blog hop and are thrilled to share a new look for Just Add Ink too. We hope you love it as much as we do.

So on to the hop. An extra special hello to you if you've arrived here from amazing Jan McQueen's blog, or another stop along the hop. I hope my project gives you some ideas to try.

It's a fun fold card featuring some floral prints from the gorgeous Perennial Lavender paper pack, and stamps and die cuts from the new Perennial Postage bundle. Take a look.

 
I can't remember for the life of me what this fold is called - a double gate fold maybe? The gate fold opens through the centre but it has an extra piece attached at the back that adds a second layer. It's one of the hardest cards to photograph but hopefully you'll get the idea. This is it pushed completely flat.

Look at this beautiful paper. The painted floral paper images from the new Perennial Lavender paper pack are exquisite, and the kraft-crumb cake background adds an unsual and lovely feel.
 

It does like to pop up, even with lots of fold burnishing.


But it stands up really well.


I first saw this fold used by Linda Dalke (thanks again Linda) a while ago, and I've made quite a few. It's very easy, has lots of pretty paper use options, and definitely adds a wow look.

I created some similar flowers to those on the paper with dies from the Dainty Delight dies and Stampin' Blends markers. There is a beautiful Perennial Lavender stamp and die bundle that coordinates with the suite but I don't have it yet so I experimented!

I love the mixed font sentiment in the new coordinating Perennial Postage stamp set, which I teamed with the coordinating nested Perennial Postage dies.


Here's how the front piece looks it looks flattened out. You can see the second paper print I used  here and on the back of the front flap. As you'd expect, they all coordinate beautifully.

.
So that's my Just Add Flowers challenge project. You'll find all the supplies you need to create your own version here on my SU website

Once you have all the info you need, it's time to head to the next stop on the blog hop - a floral project by the equally wonderful Rochelle Blok that you're sure to love. Click on the 'next' pic to head there now.


If you get lost along the way, head to the Just Add Ink blog to re-find your path


Thanks for visiting today, and hope you liked my project. Hope to see you again here soon.

Until next time, happy stamping.
Diane


NEW! JAN-APRIL MINI CATALOGUE - SHOP NOW
Available from 3 January 2024 - 2 May 2024

SALE-A-BRATION FREEBIES - GET YOURS NOW
Available 3 Jan 2024 - 28 Feb 2024
Choose a free item with each $90 spend (ex s&h)


Sale-a-bration Starter Kit Bonus Offer
Receive our new exclusive new Glass Mat Studio free!

SHOP ONLINE EXCLUSIVE RELEASES
Shop November releases and more  - available while supplies last
All these items are not listed in any current catalogue

New kits released each month
                              
    
           

9 comments:

dj said...

Pretty...love the fancy fold showcasing your flowers!!

Kerry Parkinson said...

I haven't seen a gatefold with the extra layer before but it looks amazing - adds that extra something and with your lovely papers, so elegant.

Rochelle Blok said...

Super pretty card Di! I love your use of the DSP and it looks so gorgeous layered on the Highland Heather cardstock! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

Tristan said...

This is a beautiful fun fold card Diane. That DSP is perfect for this type of card.

Ann Alexander said...

Beautiful fun fold, I love all the layers and colours.

Liz Williams said...

Love the fold, and those awesome lavender flowers. Having fun browsing your new format at Just Add Ink.

Leslie said...

Love the fold, a that paper is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Lou said...

I absolutely love this Di. Such a perfect way to show off these pretty papers. Definitely a fold I need add to my 'must try' list. x

Chantell Randall said...

Ohh I love a good fun fold! Such pretty papers - so colourful and bright. Chantell xx