Friday 12 April 2024

JAI 697 sketch challenge - Merriest trees Christmas start

Handmade Christmas card using Stampin Up Merriest Trees dies and stamps, Sending dies, Snowflake Sky and Basics 3d embossing folders. Card by Diane Barnes - colourmehappydi - stampinupcards - stampinupchristmascards

Hello and welcome to my latest Just Add Ink Challenges Design Team project share. This week we're using a sketch designed by me. I hope you enjoy trying it. Much as I love hexagons though, I mixed up the sketch shapes to create my first Christmas card for 2025! That's an early Christmas miracle I tell you.

The trees are from the Merriest Trees dies. I'm glad these and the coordinating stamp set are carrying over into our 2024-25 range. Some of the other elements I used are sadly not and will be discontinued as of 30/4/24 unless they sell out before. I'll share more on that below. In the meantime, take a look at the finished card.


I started with a Pretty Peacock base layered with some gingham Pretty Peacock paper (Glorious Gingham pack - on the retirement list). You know I love gingham so I'd have loved more, not less.

The trees have embossed or inked details:
  • White - embossed with the Snowflake Sky 3d embossing folder
  • Coastal Cabana - embossed with one of the 3d Basics embossing folder
  • Soft Sea Foam - edges ink blended with blending brush and Coastal Cabana ink
  • The two larger trees are backed with a Pretty Peacock tree too to create additional depth.
  • Beads - cut in Pretty Peacock card
  • Star - cut in silver foil
The layered 'sending' die cuts are from the Sending Dies set (retiring and currently 40% off) The coordinating Sending Smiles stamp set is also retiring. I've loved using this one - especially that die.
Some iridescent ribbon and pearls provide the necessary shine.


The Christmas wishes sentiment is a bit of a ring-in. I couldn't find the sentiment I was looking in my stash for so I typed it up in good old Word and printed it in Pretty Peacock. It didn't print exactly but it worked well enough.

Inside there's an image from the Merriest Trees stamp set plus some repeated elements.


Take a final look. What do you think? Did the trees work instead of the hexagons in the sketch.


Head to the Just Add Ink blog to see how differently each of the team used the sketch. I'm sure you'll love what you see.

If you're ready to get your Christmas cards started too, check out the supply list and shop for the items you need to make your own version.

Thanks for visiting today, and until next time, happy stamping.
Di


 
SHOP ONLINE EXCLUSIVES
You'll find our March 2024 release in store now- available while supplies last.
All current items not listed in any current catalogue are found there too.

 
SHOP 2024 ANNUAL AND MINI CATALOGUES
LAST CHANCE LISTS & DISCOUNTS

Available from 9-30 April 2024, while supplies last only



DOWNLOAD PRINTED LAST CHANCE RETIREMENT LISTS
Mark your catalogues and keep them for ideas and future reference

JAN-APRIL MINI CATALOGUE - SHOP NOW
Available from 3 January 2024 - 2 May 2024



New kits released each month
                            

No comments: