Friday 27 September 2024

JAI 721 inspiration challenge - Neutral Layers of Beauty


Hello & welcome to my newest Just Add Ink Challenges Design Team share. This week we have a photo inspiration challenge. I chose to use the neutral-vintage colour palette of the photos, plus the roses, grid and book shapes with the Layers of Beauty stamps, dies, and stencils to create my card. And I only used 2 colours plus white on the card. Here's how it turned out.

 

My idea came together pretty easily, but the biggest challenge was the photography. The beautiful Sydney Spring weather has turned and left cloudy or rainy days so I struggled with getting good light.

Back to the card itself though. I used my Stamparatus to stamp the image on white card with two layers of Crumb Cake ink. Then I used the stencils - again on the Stamparatus for super easy lining up - with a blending brush and more Crumb Cake ink to create the shading. I stamped & cut a second partial image of the largest flower to mount on top. Can you believe the whole image is stamped and coloured with just Crumb Cake ink?


Details:

  • Layout - I offset the layer to the top right rather than in the centre.
  • White background - embossed with the new Forever Plaid 3d embossing folder. I popped the floral layers on top using Dimensionals. Did you know that it's a supersized 6 x 8.5 inch folder. That fits half an A4 sheet.
  • Sentiment - from Everyday Greetings stamp set, an Online Exclusive stamped in Pecan Pie ink
  • Tag (book shaped?) - from Layers of Beauty. I love when a bundle includes useful shapes as well as the ones that coordinate with the image stamps.
  • Ribbon - retired white crinkle taffeta coloured with Pecan Pie Stampin' Blends
  • Bling - retired champagne rhinestones. I loved these and hope they return to our collection.

Inside, I stamped and coloured another rose image, and used the same offset layout.


So that's my take on the inspiration challenge. Head to the Just Add Ink blog to see all our team projects.

I hope you'll play along with the challenge too, and try making your own version of my card too. Shop the supplies you need here from my Stampin' Up! online store.

Until next time, happy stamping.

Diane
 



Catalogue dates: 5 September 2024 - 6 January 2025
See more Christmas items in the


  Available from 4 September 2024 while supplies last



SHOP ONLINE EXCLUSIVES
Did you know you'll find lots more products in our store than what's in our printed catalogues?
Shop online exclusives and releases in store now - available while supplies last.
Shop Latest Release - from 3 July 2024


 Quick and easy all inclusive kits you'll love.
 Two new kits released every month. Available while supplies last
       


No comments: