Monday 8 June 2009

Good friend birdie confession

OK, here's the thing – when I first saw the Good Friend' set in our new catalogue pre-order, I didn't want to get it. Oh, I thought it was cute, but I wasn't sure of its flexibility & that I'd use it very much. In the end, I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt & get it, as I needed another set I could use for kids cards. Then at convention, I saw lots of great ideas using it, including a cool project that Jill Kocherlans demonstrated which made me really glad I'd bought it. So, to get myself started with the set, I cased Jill's card with a couple of minor additions. This was the first one I made: The colours used here are so saffron, pacific point, tangerine tango & riding hood red & the little paper strip is from 'Good Morning Sunshine' (thanks again for the paper Sam). The birdie panel & mat is popped off the base, as is the flower with rhinestone brad. After making this one, I made one with Jean an hour before she left for the airport (true – you have to take your stamping time when you can, hey Jean? – sending hugs to you too!). Here's the evidence.
At this point, I decided that Mr birdie was just the cutest thing ever & chose to use him at my May class for friends from church. This was the final version I made with them.As you can see, I changed the colours around, & added a little stamped 3D wing & a black brad for his eye & used the Family Phrases set for the greeting (I think this set works perfectly with Mr Birdie & I think it's the only one in the current catty with an 'all of us' greeting).

I also used Good Friend for the second card we made at the class...no birdie this time though, but it's too late to show you tonight. I'll try to show you this one, plus some other Good Friend cards next time.
Inky wishes
Di

PS: Thanks for all the lovely comments about our new furry babies. They're settling in very nicely, despite having the trauma of their first bath & blow dry today....but don't they look cuter than ever?.....as does Damo too!Supplies:Stamps: Good Friend, Family Phrases
Card/paper: so saffron, riding hood red, whisper white, Good Morning Sunshine DS paper
Ink: pacific point, tangerine tango, so saffron, riding hood red
Accessories: rhinestone brads – Fire pack, black brad
Tools: 1/2 inch circle punch

No comments: