Monday 29 June 2009

Makeesha’s handbag – urban garden style

I've finishing fiddling with my blog layout for the moment, so it's about time I showed you another lucky door prize from my open house. Now, you know I get a kick out of turning a flat piece of card or paper into a 3d project with just a few cuts & folds, so when Makeesha Byl demonstrated at Convention how to make a gorgeous patterned paper handbag, I thought "I sooooo have to make one". After Convention, Kellie showed me how she made them, based on Keesh's demo & that was it! I filled this one with choccies as a lucky door prize (but you could fit so many other things).....& doesn't it look fabulous made with this 'Urban Garden' paper?

I varied Makeesha's measurements (partly on purpose, partly by accident LOL) & the result was a slightly narrower, but deeper bag. I also used some not quite navy card for the bag sides, instead of the patterned paper. The bag handles are attached with turquoise rhinestone brads & another brad decorates the faux bag.

You can see this & more of Makeesha's wonderful projects here. (Just keep scrolling down for a while until you see it). Thanks so much Keesh for sharing your ideas at convention & daily on your blog.

Inky wishes
Di

Supplies:
Card: Urban garden DSP, not quite navy, kiwi kiss & baja breeze card
Accessories: turquoise rhinestone brads (ice pack)
Tools: punches – scallop circle, 1 3/8 circle, 1 ¼ inch circle, piercing tool & mat

No comments: