Sunday 20 August 2017

Carols of Christmas - Peace on Earth 2


Thanks for popping in for a visit today. I have another Christmas card to share using the Carols of Christmas bundle - a little woodland scene using a combination of the stamps and dies. This was one of the cards we made at my July Diamond Stampers team day.

 
How sweet is that little deer? And no fussing cutting required thanks to the coordinating die. The trees are so easy too - there are 2 tree dies in the Card Front Builder set bundled in Carols of Christmas (see the supply list below). I cut a pair in wild wasabi & garden green card.


Two much loved supporting players add so much texture & interest to the card:

- Softly Falling embossing folder, which is an absolute must-have in my book, as it plays so well with others all year round for many themes.

- Stitched Shapes dies. Are you thinking, "I didn't realise there were rectangles in the set?" You'd be correct. I extended the largest square die shape into a rectangle by running it partially through the Big Shot, twice. It's really easy to line up, as the stitched areas help hold the die in place. If you'd like more info on how to do this, leave a comment to let me know.


I think this card has a fresh, modern feel even though the colours & images are quite traditional. Either way, I like how it turned out. How about you?

Thanks for visiting today. If you'd like more info, just ask. I have one more Carols of Christmas card to share with you, so pop back again tomorrow for a peek.

Remember to pin my card for later inspiration, & check out Carols of Christmas in the supply list below for more information, or to order this brilliant bundle.

Inky wishes,
Di

Carols of Christmas - available to order now!




Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.


Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: