Sunday 27 January 2019

In review - Simple Waterfront scenes



Today I'm looking back to two easy to make cards I made with the clever Waterfront stamp set. I made these for a masculine card class last year, and also for my darling man on Father's day.

Have you noticed Waterfront in the catalogue? It was a set I initially missed but had to get when I saw so many beautiful cards being made. Search for Waterfront on Pinterest & you'll see what I mean.

The stamp set includes 16 stamps - 10 scene builder stamps with a watercolour look that you can use in different ways to create different landscape scenes, plus 6 lovely handwritten look sentiments that I've used on many cards. And did I mention it's only $30? The stamps are so cleverly designed that it takes minimum effort to create a great look.



My two cards are easy but I've used a couple of techniques to create interest and texture, some of which can't really be seen in the pics. I varied the scene just a little & each person chose the one the wanted. I named one Hawaii & the other Canada - two favourite places I've visited over the years. I'm sure you can pick which is which.


This is Canada... sort of


I went for a clean, modern look that was easy to achieve, but it's really all about the stamping. This is the stamping order & ink colours I used.

Mountain - crumb cake
Sun - daffodil delight stamped off
Grass - pear pizzazz
Water - large triangle-ish stamp in pool party stamped off
           two line stamp in pool party stamped off
Water speckle - pool party
Trees - Old olive
Cabin - soft suede stamped off
Sentiment - from the Abstract Impressions stamp set or bundle - perfect for my darling man.
I also added clear Wink of Stella to the sun & water images for subtle shine.

Top Tips - Emboss the stamped panel with Subtle embossing folder.
                This gives the most amazing fabric look to the card that's hard to photograph
                but adds so much IRL. Try it. I think you'll love it.
                Raise the stamped panel off the card front for extra dimension

I repeated the striped paper & a little stamping on the inside too, but didn't to take a pic.

Want a warmer climate? This is Hawaii...


Looking very similar to Canada except for the palm trees & slight changes in layout & colours to create a brighter look for sunny Hawaii. I used the same images & colours except:

Grass - 2 stamps in pear pizzazz
Palm Trees - soft suede stamped off and pear pizzazz
Water - both stamps in balmy blue
Speckle - balmy blue
Sentiment - from A Big Thank You stamp set or bundle


I've repeated elements inside:


This is just a glimpse into all the possibilities with Waterfront. Of course, you can use the elements in lots of other ways than creating scenes.

I'm glad I finally got to share these cards with you & hope you enjoy my flashback. Do include Waterfront in your next order. I think you'll love it for masculine cards, friends, sympathy, get well & lots more.

Until next time, happy stamping & inky wishes
Di

Project Supplies

To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.

Big Shot
$159.00




No comments: