Friday 18 January 2019

JAI 440 Just add something new - blog hop!


Our first challenge at Just Add Ink for 2019 starts today & we're celebrating with a full team blog hop. Fun! You may have arrived here from the lovely Rochelle Blok's blog & gorgeous project, or popped directly here. In any case, a very warm welcome to you.

This week's challenge is to just add something new. You'd think that would be an easy challenge with all the brand new Occasions Catalogue goodies I have, but it just made it hard to choose what to use.

I decided to use some of my favourite new dies to make a belated birthday card for a special friend & team member who I know loves that suite. It's also late so I really hope she doesn't see it it here first.


I felt like making a fancy fold (surprised?) so I made a pop up slider card. I gave this one a little twist by cutting the paper panel piece with the largest stitched die in the set. It's just a little shorter than a regular card base (in Aus) so I had to play with my normal measurements a bit.

If you haven't seen a pop up slider card before, it has a flap in the centre front that's pulled up by a tab, so that part of the front lifts up, as you can see here. The other fun part is that a secret message is revealed when the flap goes up. In this case, 'friend.



As I mentioned, I've used my 3 favourite new die sets from the Occasions Catalogue on the card:

- Rectangle Stitched dies - an absolute must have - also available in the Amazing Life bundle
- Well Written dies (part of the Well Said stamp & die bundle)
- Be Mine dies (part of the Meant to Be stamp & die bundle)

I've also used the most gorgeous pack of designer paper - All My Love - which is also from the All My Love suite. You really have to see this one if you're a lover of florals. The print I've used here features in 3 different colourways in the pack, with coordinating prints. Gorgeous!



I hope you've enjoyed seeing my pop up slider card. If you'd like to see more, you'll find all my pop up slider cards here.

I'd love to chat some more but it's probably time for you to head to the next stop on our blog hop. which is my lovely friend & very talented gal, Kim Badelt. I'm sure you'll love what she's made.

https://kimsstampingspot.blogspot.com/2019/01/just-add-ink-440-something-new-blog-hop.html

Thanks for visiting & following the hop with us. I hope you'll join this week's challenge with your something new. Leave me a comment if you have any questions about my card.

Happy stamping & inky wishes
Di

PS: If my post looks a little different than before, I've added lots more pics

Project Supplies


 

To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.
 Print Recipe


Big Shot
$159.00



19 comments:

Mom-Mom Gail said...

Could you send me the instructions for making this card? It is the coolest one I have ever seen!

Gail.spence@erols.com

I am in the US and want to teach our group that does cards for shut ins!!!!

THANK YOU!

Sheila said...

Hi Di, this card is amazing, would love the instructions
sheilapybus@me.com

Thanks
Sheila x

Sheila said...

Hi Di, your card is amazing, I would love the instructions

Thanks
Sheila x

ColourmehappyDi said...

Hi Gail, really glad you like the card. I don’t have specific instructions for this card. It I’ll be posting a general pop up slider tutorial soon.
All the best, Di

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks so much, Sheila. I don’t have specific instructions for this version but I will share my pop up slider tutorial soon.
DI 😁

Kelly Kent said...

Such a beautiful card Di! I love how you've put all the elements together and the tweak on the slider panel to have a rectangular front is very clever! Happy New Year! Kelly x

Jennifer Scull said...

how cute is that pop up front? what a fun card! :)

I am having a great time with the blog hop! thank you for being part of it! :)

Tina said...

Your card is amazing! I'm sure the recipient will love it, and certainly appreciate the work that goes into a card like this.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks, Kelly. Got to love those rectangle dies.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Glad you’re enjoying the hop, Jennifer.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks, Tina. Let’s hope so. 😁

Denita Wright-Smee said...

So pretty, and delicate and I really need the 'Well Said Bundle'. Such a beautiful layout, Di. D x

Nikki Spencer said...

Perfect! How fabulous do these products work for a slider Di! Love, Love, Love the pretty colours and surprise greeting! Well done you, its lovely! xx

Nandini said...

Wow! Such a pretty card! Love the way it pops up.

Jan said...

Such a gorgeous pink delight, Di! I love the details around the window opening and the sweet pink flower die cuts are the perfect details to accent your lovely pop up panel. xx

Rochelle Blok said...

This is just stunning Di! What a fabulous Pop-Up Slider card! The contrast of the Lovely Lipstick words against the lighter pink in the DSP is beautiful and I love all the die cut details around the pop up panel and the friend panel on the card base. Love it! Rochelle xo

Marlena M. said...

What a fun, dynamic card! Such a great surprise feature~

MA-MI said...

Very romantic card! I love it! The background paper is perfect for this kind of projects.

Lou said...

Oh how fun .... an clever! This is just such a lovely, updated slider card. Too too pretty! x