Friday 25 October 2019

JAI 480 technique challenge - Christmas stars


So our new challenge at Just Add Ink is to just add a technique. Oh the choices! I decided to combine two of my favourite techniques - heat embossing-emboss resist with a brayered ombre-graduated background - with my favourite Christmas-Holiday catalogue bundle, So Many Stars.


The star images in the So Many Stars stamp set and bundle are my favourite images this year. They're so beautifully detailed and look amazing heat embossed.


The large star image is heat embossed in white:
- on white star for a subtle white on white texture then cut with the coordinating stitched star die. (click on the above pic for a better look as very hard to photograph),
- on white panel which I then brayered in coastal cabana and blueberry bushel ink. I just love how the white stars pop off the coloured panel.


The main star has a coordinating detailed foil star on top of the embossed star and a sentiment from So Many Stars too. It's actually a larger sentiment but I only inked up only the Christmas wishes part.

Silver thread & cute little star sequins add finishing touches to the design.


Inside there's a coordinating sentiment and smaller coordinating stars.


So that's my technique card. Check out all our design team projects on the Just Add Ink blog to see all our technique projects together. Then add your own to the challenge.


Thanks for visiting today. Pop back soon for more ideas.

Happy stamping and inky wishes
Di

PS: Are you loving So Many Stars as much as I am? You really need to add it to your Christmas shopping list bow as there's just so many possibilities. Here's what you'll get in the bundle.


Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's projects. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.
Versamark Pad
$16.50
Heat Tool
$50.00


https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300010/holiday-catalogue?dbwsdemoid=4000625http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes

COMING NOVEMBER 1

1 comment:

Tina said...

Wow! Your card is gorgeous, Di! Your embossing is fabulous - I can't see a stray speck of powder anywhere! And that brayered background is amazing!