Friday 11 October 2019

JAI 478 Just add H - for Hello


It's letter challenge time at Just Add Ink and this week Tina has challenged us to Just Add H to a project. Take a look at the sweetness of the Cuckoo for You stamp set I used to make the happy little card for a friend & teamie.



So what are my H challenge elements? Hello, of course and house - I turned the cuckoo clock stamp image into a sweet little bunny house. I just LOVE this clock image and the ideas of two bunnies visiting one another was just too cute to resist.


The house and bunnies from the Cuckoo for You stamp set or bundle are stamped in basic gray ink then coloured with Stampin' Blends alcohol markers (colours listed below). They really are my favourite way to colour at the moment, which you'll have noticed if you've checked out my latest projects here on my blog.

Mirror image bunnies - There's only one bunny image in the stamp set - holding the carrot, however, I made a mirror image of it.
To make a mirror image, ink stamp image as normal and stamp directly onto a silicone craft mat. Gently place cardstock over the image and finger press to transfer the image. In this case it wasn't as dark as I wanted so I drew around the outline with a regular Stampin' Write marker.

Top Tip - Stamp image onto the silicone mat using your Stamparatus & you can re-stamp multiple time to make it as dark as you like.


Other details - a paper grass & sky background for the house using the script print in the Subtles designer paper stack & added some lovely magnolia ribbon & sequin details.

The Hello sentiment is from the Free as a Bird stamp set (and bundle), as is the sentiment inside the card. I love the font as well as the words themselves. Of course I had to add another bunny too.


I need to make some more of these cuties so, but for now, yay! H challenge complete. I hope you've enjoyed seeing my card and that it gives you some ideas & techniques to try. Head over to the Just Add Ink blog to see all our team projects and play along with the challenge too.

Shop for the supplies you need to make your own version by following the supply list links below. Thanks for shopping with me if you are in Australia

Happy stamping and inky wishes
Di

#colourmehappy #sydneystamper

Project Supplies

Here's what I used to make today's projects. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store.
You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.


http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarneshttps://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300010/holiday-catalogue?dbwsdemoid=4000625

6 comments:

Sherylee said...

Di, this is lovely. Beautiful colours and I love the little bunny house. Sherylee.

Tina said...

Aww, such a sweet card! Your colouring is fabulous, and the two bunnies are so adorable!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Di your little bunny house is adorable! I just got this set so I've pinned for future inspiration - thanks for a fun challenge this week!

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks. Sherylee. Lovely to hear from you.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks heaps, Tina. Such a lovely set to colour.

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks heaps, Joanne. Glad you liked my card & the challenge.