Friday 27 September 2019

JAI 476 inspiration challenge - Floral birthday with blends


It's inspiration image challenge week at Just Add Ink and I can definitely say this one was a challenge for me. I loved this tulip and colour filled challenge image - nature always combines colours beautifully so of course I had to go floral.

The Bloom and Grow bundle was an easy choice, however I had more of a challenge getting a combination of colours I liked on the card. It was also tricky to photograph too with the silver foil (and also because both my camera batteries died). Anyhoo, this is what I made.


The pretty floral image is from the Bloom and Grow bundle. Hopefully you can see I took my inspiration from the challenge image colours and layout, plus the pattern of the paper is a nod to the mass tulip planting. The fun sentiment is from the Beautiful Friendship stamp set.


The background was a bit of an experiment. The paper I used is a silver foil and white print from the Feels Like Frost paper pack (Holiday Catalogue), which I coloured over to create a gradient with Stampin Blends markers. The floral stamped image is also coloured with Blends.


The markers mostly coloured the white section but left a light layer on the silver too, so I rubbed over the paper with some isocol which removed most of it. I 'may' have rubbed a little hard though. In any case, I'd like to have another play with it. Live & learn.


Inside is an pretty leftover coloured piece and sentiment from Bloom and Grow.

So that's my take on the challenge. See all our design team projects now on the Just Add Ink blog, then get creating your own version. If you'd like to make your own version of my card, see the supply list below and click to order what you need.

Happy stamping and inky wishes, Di

Click here to view project and shop supplies on my store

Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's projects. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store.
You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.



https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300010/holiday-catalogue?dbwsdemoid=4000625

1 comment:

Tina said...

Wow, Di, that background is stunning! The colours look amazing. I love your beautifully coloured blooms, too.